We are trying to deploy a solution involving the use of a padlock on a container, and would like to utilize an RFID system that would show the lock's status, so that if the lock were broken, the system would alert us that a container had been compromised.
There are a number of electronic seals on the market that employ radio frequency identification tags to alert a business that a container has been sealed, and if it is breached. Here is an article that explains the types of seals available: Types of Supply Chain Seals.
You can also purchase our article, RFID-Enabled Electronic Seals, to view a list of available models.
Here are some other articles that might also prove helpful:
• RFID Seals Provide Border Security in Eastern Europe
• Royal Food Import Expects E-Seals Will Save It a King's Ransom
• GS1 Taiwan Pushes for EPCglobal E-seal Standard
• Taiwan Customs Officials Adopt RFID-enabled Container Seals
• Mitsui Completes Successful E-Seal Trial
—Mark Roberti, Founder and Editor, RFID Journal
Previous Post Where Can I Find a Directory of RFID Companies? »