Would the technology be practical be for this particular application?
Yes, radio frequency identification can reduce the amount of time that employees spend searching for documents, while also saving time and labor. We have published several articles on the use of RFID in a courthouse setting:
• RFID Tracking at Juvenile Court to Save $30K Annually
• Maryland Court Tries UHF RFID File-Tracking System
• Florida Court Ups Its RFID System
• U.S. Court Finds RFID Less Taxing for File Tracking
• RFID Brings Order to a Chaotic Office
I hope that the above articles prove helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
—Mark Roberti, Founder and Editor, RFID Journal
Previous Post Can Low-Frequency (20 to 50 Hz) RFID Tags Be Used to Track Objects Over a Distance of a Kilometer or So? »