• Sirit, a leading provider of RFID readers, is based in Toronto.
• Psion Teklogix, a maker of rugged handheld computers, including those with RFID readers built in, is located in Missassauga, Ontario.
• IDBlue, which manufactures a small handheld reader and also provides mobile solutions, is headquartered in St. John’s, New Foundland.
• Guard RFID, a company that sells active RFID solutions, is based in Delta, British Columbia.
• RFind, a firm that offers an RFID-based real-time location system (RTLS), has its headquarters in Kelowna, British Columbia.
I should also point out that Motorola and Omron RFID, which produce ultrahigh-frequency (UHF) interrogators, also have offices in Canada. And there are other companies as well that can help you source the right RFID technology for your particular needs.
—Mark Roberti, Editor, RFID Journal