- Unipac Increases Inventory Accuracy to 98 Percent via RFID
The Jacto Group-owned company adopted an Internet of Things-based platform from CIAg, utilizing UHF RFID, QR code and BLE technologies.
- Partnership to Bring Intelligence to Commercial Waste Bins
Ingram Micro is employing Nordsense technology to identify waste containers' fill levels using laser optical sensors, then is transmitting data via a cellular connection and using that information to provide waste collection management to collectors and cities, in order to improve collection routing and reduce energy consumption.
- RFID Tracks One Million Health-Care Assets in United Arab Emirates
OgTech's UHF RFID solution enables the nation's Ministry of Health to manage the locations of its equipment, IT assets and mechanical gear throughout 147 facilities.
- New UHF RFID Smart Reader Operates Out of the Box
RFRain's RFR-RAIN-4-SMART device comes with a built-in reader, a microprocessor and an IP address to send data directly to a cloud-based server, thus preventing the need for complex or costly infrastructure installations.
- Brazilian Partners Invest in IoT for Agribusiness
Embratel, Claro, Embrapa and the Eldorado Research Institute have signed an agreement to offer solutions that will be created at Embrapa's farm in Jaguariúna.
- Waste-Management System Cleans Up With UHF RFID
Compta is powering its Bee2Waste system with an RFID solution from TechSigno using Chainway RFID readers to capture data from hundreds of thousands of waste bins as they are commissioned, and each time they are emptied.
- New RFID Readers Share Power, Easing Installation Complexity
SensThys is releasing five new reader devices designed to be networked together, with up to 90 watts of Power-over-Ethernet, that can be used to cover up to 100 read points with a single gateway and a PoE connection.
- RFID Tracks Antenna Health for Radio Networks
Comba Telecom's CriticalPoint Antenna Monitoring System leverages RFID to ensure antennas can provide voice communications for public-safety systems used by first-responders.
- IoT Lets Buildings Talk About Their Health
A new feature known as Talking Buildings, part of WiseState's Bopstem solution, allows building managers to chat with their buildings about the operations of a chiller, water heater or generator, via WhatsApp or Telegram.
- Canadian City Plans IoT Pilots With New LoRa Infrastructure
The city of Fredericton will offer an open data portal for its residents, local entrepreneurs and public employees, which includes data such as the level of the river, car occupancy in handicapped spaces and water consumption in buildings, using IoT network from eleven-x.
- New Broadband Protocol Turns Routers into IoT Gateways
Greenwave Systems is offering its AXON software, using the User Services Platform (USP) protocol, to provide internet service providers with the ability to sell IoT solutions to their customers, leveraging internet routers.
- Particle Releases Mesh-Based IoT Solution for Developers
The system includes low-cost wireless sensor transmitters and gateways, as well as the company's Device Cloud software, so developers can create an ecosystem of sensors to wirelessly detect conditions for everything from factories to parking lots.
- Kerlink Brings LoRaWAN Connectivity to Scotland, Japan
Network and technology providers are signed up to provide the firm's hardware, network server, software and application for IoT-based solutions to track and manage data about infrastructure and assets for greater efficiency.
- Bluetooth Sees Boost in Development With Mesh, BLE Advancements
Bluetooth World speakers and Bluetooth Special Interest Group officials have reported a surge in development and product releases involving Bluetooth Mesh and BLE for smart buildings and smart homes.
- Impinj Reader Device Sales Reach 2 Million
Air transportation is one area of growth, along with retail installations, health-care systems, logistics and food—all driving the deployment of RFID reader infrastructure.