Home Internet of Things Aerospace Apparel Energy Defense Health Care Logistics Manufacturing Retail

Tags and Readers Discussion

DiscussionsTags and ReadersRFID as security tags

RFID as security tags

By S. Hovav 2019-05-06 12:29:30 PM

I have a need to create a security system to track inventory at my work so someone cannot just pick up inventory and walk out the door with it.

What I would like to do, if possible, is to be able to program an RFID tag so that it will work in the following way:

All inventory will be tagged with an RFID tag.

All entrances/exits will have some kind of marker device that will sound off an alarm if inventory that has not been checked out passes through
any of the markers at the entrance/exit.

When inventory is checked out through an application that I will create, the software will deactivate the RFID status on the inventory for a predetermined period of time (say 10 minutes)
to allow the person to leave the building without setting off the alarm.

When the person, arrives at the building where the inventory is being taken it, it will be checked in through the application and the RFID will be programmed again so it
will trigger the alarm if it is taken out of the building.

Is it possible to do this with RFID tags ?

If so, what do I need to do to make this happen ?

Login and reply to this post!

Not a member?

Signup for an account now to access all of the features of RFIDJournal.com!

Thread Messages

TOPIC DATE
RFID as security tags
By S. Hovav

Start A New Discussion

PREMIUM CONTENT
Case Studies Features Best Practices How-Tos
RFID JOURNAL EVENTS
Live Events Virtual Events Webinars
ASK THE EXPERTS
Simply enter a question for our experts.
TAKE THE POLL