- RFID Goes Out to Pasture, Matching Ewes With Lambs
Texas A&M researchers are testing technology from Sapien to capture the identities of ewes and their lambs in Australia, and to match the families together based on their activity.
- Cattle Industry to Weigh In on RFID in Washington State
The Washington State Department of Agriculture will schedule a period of public comment, after proposing in December that all cattle in the state must wear an LF RFID ear tag to help identify them in the event of disease outbreaks.
- Cattle Ranching Gains from IoT-based Intelligence
Chipsafer has completed two African pilots of its LoRa technology-powered system to locate cattle on large ranches and track their behavior; similar pilots in Europe, South America and Australia are ongoing.
- New Zealand Farm Cuts Water and Energy Consumption With IoT
WaterForce's SCADAfarm system, using Schneider Electric technology, allows cattle, sheep and vegetable producer BlackHills Farm to remotely monitor the watering level and conditions of crops, in order to provide the correct amount of water at every location at all times.
- Scottish Mackerel Factories, Norwegian Researchers Track Fish Health via RFID
The LF system, provided by RFID Solutions, is enabling researchers in Norway and factories on both coasts of the North Sea to track populations of mackerel being caught.
- IoT Agricultural Specialist Helps Australian Nursery Become More Profitable
Cameron's Nursery personnel report improved error detection and crop yields thanks to a solution from Agnov8 that uses Libelium's wireless sensors.
- City Launches IoT Lab for Technology Innovation
IoT Lab-Fishers has signed on 50 members so far, with an opening date slated for this summer to begin Internet of Things-based research and development to serve manufacturing, farming and logistics.
- RFID Brings Intelligence and Treatment to Livestock Production
Alberta company GrowSafe is pairing RFID identification with sensor data at feed and drink troughs, in order to identify and analyze the health and behavior of cattle and other livestock from birth to slaughter.
- Manure-Processing Equipment Maker Employs NFC
Nutrient Control Systems is adopting NFC RFID technology to make it easier for farmers and its other customers to access information about its products.