- IoT Manages Conditions, Assets for Istanbul Airport
A LoRaWAN-based solution is bringing visibility to assets, equipment and cargo, thereby decreasing energy consumption, improving passenger comfort, making operations more efficient and reducing flight delays.
- Polk County Fire Rescue Saves $40,000 Monthly via RFID
The Florida agency is eliminating its station storage for medicines with an RFID system that tracks its inventory of narcotic and non-narcotic drugs on each rescue vehicle in real time.
- RFID Brings Visibility to Ballots for Elections Board
By tracking ballot boxes, voting machines and other assets as they are sent to and returned from precincts, the Stark County Ohio Elections Board can ensure that ballots are accounted for during primary and general elections.
- Hospital Prevents Contamination and Gains Efficiency via RFID
A UHF RFID solution, provided by Telectronica and Zebra Technologies, has enabled Buenos Aires' Sanatorio Finochietto to view the locations and statuses of 80,000 pieces of clothing and linens as they are used, laundered and returned, thereby reducing manual labor and ensuring nothing leaves or re-enters the facility without proper laundering.
- RFID Saves Auto Parts Factory Money on Raw Materials
Thanks to improved production and inventory-management processes, Brazil's R2A has optimized its entire end-to-end supply chain.
- Proximity and Geolocation Solution Tracks Air Passenger Baggage
Amadeus has teamed up with Sigfox to offer an IoT-based solution that tracks the locations of bags or assets inside and outside of airports to reduce the risk of loss.
- Retailers to Pilot RFID for Loss Prevention
Sensormatic Solutions' TrueVUE system now includes shrink management as part of its software-as-a-service stack, enabling retailers to begin identifying items that are removed from a store, and thereby ensuring inventory can be replaced.
- RFID Brings Visibility to Water and Snow Sports Company
The manufacturer has achieved an increase in productivity and a reduction in shipping errors for its surfboards and snowboards, by tracking each item via an RFID system from EPC Solutions Taiwan as it moves through each process.
- Essentiel Antwerp Prepares 40-Store RFID Deployment
The fashion brand plans to implement the system across the majority of its locations using a self-deployment methodology from Nedap that helps store managers and associates train themselves and their co-workers on its use.
- GSM Logistica Reduces Costs via RFID
Prior to the deployment, the company's processes relied on manual, error-prone, high-cost manual barcode operations.
- Zebra Study Reveals Executives' Priorities
According to the research, 89 percent of the companies polled are investing in labor and technology to expand their warehouse deployments by 2024.
- BAE Systems to Present at RFID Journal LIVE! Europe
In November, the global aerospace, defense and security company will speak about its use of radio frequency identification to automate inventory replenishment, manage the status and location of each asset and tool, and bring visibility to work-in-process.
- Singapore Airport, Airlines Piloting Handheld RFID Reader
Koamtac's UHF RFID module can be attached to a barcode scanner or stand alone as a Bluetooth-connected device with a mobile phone that can be charged, along with the phone, on a single charging device.
- BehrTech, Applied-IoT Partner on IIoT Solutions for Harsh Environments
The two companies say they hope to drive visibility and data-driven decision making in the industrial sector.
- Paper Mill Optimizes Manufacturing and Stock Control
By deploying an RFID system from iTag, a papermaking firm has reduced the need for manual operations and has sped up its processes.