My company is seeking RFID solution providers that can help us improve our IT asset management. Specifically, we need to track IT assets, including desktops, laptops, monitors and servers. Can you provide a list of vendors and solution providers with whom you think I should get in touch?
A number of companies have rolled out RFID solutions for tracking IT assets within a data center. We have not performed an independent evaluation, so I am unable to provide any insights into the merits of one particular firm over another. I would guess they can all do an adequate job—the real choice involves who will install the system most cost-effectively, and provide the support you need.
Here are links to some stories about offerings that have been rolled out to date:
• IBM Offering IT Asset-Tracking Solution
• PC Guardian Debuts RFID Suite for IT Asset Tracking
• RF Code Announces Platform for Tracking IT Assets
• Xterprise Rolls Out IT Asset-Tracking Solution
Other relevant articles include:
• Microsoft Uses Wireless Sensors to Track Data Center Temperatures
• Bank of America Deploys RFID in Data Centers
• IT-Austria Taps RFID to Track Assets
—Mark Roberti, Editor, RFID Journal
Previous Post Can Tags Be Programmed Not to Respond? »