- Demystifying the "Low Memory" of Aviation's Low-Memory Tags
By Bob Hamlin
Tego's CTO explains why most aviation applications will require at least 2 kilobits.
- A New Approach to Pharmaceutical E-Pedigrees
By Mark Harrison
EPCIS can support chain-of-custody verification—without a cumbersome data burden.
- Identifying Items
By Ken Traub
Apparel suppliers need to decide how they will assign unique serial numbers.
- Why RFID Is Poised for Growth in India
By Faisal Kawoosa, with contributions from Vishaal Bhatnagar
If user concerns are adequately addressed, RFID adoption can show a significant increase.
- Toward a Zero-Injury Workplace
By Euro Beinat
Real-time safety solutions protect employees in dangerous industries.
- How RFID Can Sharpen Your Business Intelligence
By Ian Robertson
The former worldwide program director of RFID for Hewlett-Packard and Asia Pacific regional director for EPCglobal explains how the technology can be used to improve the quality of your business decisions.
- RFID Earns a Second Chance
By Susan Flake
Apparel retailers are using the technology to improve inventory management, which increases sales and reduces working capital.
- Is the Market Suffering From 'RFID Weariness'?
By Byron Blackburn
We're not tired of RFID—we've simply heard too many horror stories stemming from poor planning, inadequate execution and a lack of knowledge and vision.
- The Seeds of Innovation
By Kevin Ashton
Government stimulus is not only good for the economy—it also leads to groundbreaking technologies.
- RFID Research Supports Real-World Experimentation
By Kurt Hozak
Simulation can be a good tool for modeling the effects of known potential RFID process changes, but real-world experimentation may uncover additional benefits and changes.
- NFC Mobile Phones and the Future of Privacy
By Ayman S. Ashour
NFC-enabled phones will offer consumers the opportunity to enhance their privacy by empowering them with their own secure ID devices.
- A Real Innovator
By Kevin Ashton
How Alan Haberman changed the world—and me.
- Why Zone-Based Real-time Location Systems Are Superior
By Abraham Blonder
For indoor applications, zone-based approaches provide far more reliable results than triangulation-based methods, and at a cheaper cost.
- RFID for Consumer Electronics
By Victor Vega
A new breed of UHF EPC Gen 2 ICs enables a myriad of applications.
- At-Home Product Life-Cycle Management
By Tatsuya Inaba
Manufacturers and customers can monitor consumer electronics devices for maintenance, repair and recycling.