Home Internet of Things Aerospace Apparel Energy Defense Health Care Logistics Manufacturing Retail

IT/Infrastructure Discussion

DiscussionsIT/InfrastructureRFID Implementation?

RFID Implementation?

By P. Powel 2006-09-19 04:27:45 AM

Hey together,

i'd like to say hello to the community.

Well, i'm pretty new to this whole rfid-thing. I read a lot about its technology. My task is to make a presentation about rfid - what it is, the technique, what are the capabilities and its disadvantages.

Now i've got some question my google-investigations couldn't solve:

1.) Could you give me an overview about the interfaces rfid provides to integrate it into an environment. Are there any interfaces? What about the integration process? How can i process rfid-data. In which format rfid-data will arrive my servers. How do i connect rfid-readers wit our network (rs232?).

2.) Is it possible, to integrate it into HP Service Desk. What are the needs ?

3.) Can you give me information about prices of smart labes / tags and readers? I'm working in an big it-company. We want to put a smart-tag onto every single hardware (monitors, desktop-pcs, servers etc.). So if one hardware leaves the buro, it gets recognized. We have about 8000-10000 pieaces of hardware. I need to know the average price, so i can calculate the costs.

Thank you very much

Peter P.

Login and reply to this post!

Not a member?

Signup for an account now to access all of the features of RFIDJournal.com!

Thread Messages

TOPIC DATE
RFID Implementation?
By P. Powel

Start A New Discussion

PREMIUM CONTENT
Case Studies Features Best Practices How-Tos
RFID JOURNAL EVENTS
Live Events Virtual Events Webinars
ASK THE EXPERTS
Simply enter a question for our experts.
TAKE THE POLL