|Home||Internet of Things||Aerospace||Apparel||Energy||Defense||Health Care||Logistics||Manufacturing||Retail|
Speakers Announced for RFID in Oil & Gas Virtual Event
RFID Journal and the Oil & Gas RFID Solution Group have teamed up to produce RFID in Oil & Gas, a virtual event revealing how energy companies can use radio frequency identification to improve the way they do business.
Sep 08, 2009—RFID Journal today announced its partnership with the Oil & Gas RFID Solution Group, a consortium of energy companies, technology providers and academics, to produce a virtual event covering RFID's potential to improve the way oil and gas companies conduct business.
Similar to webinars, RFID Journal's virtual events feature objective subject-matter experts and thought leaders presenting the latest information regarding business and technology issues related to the use of radio frequency identification. These events are free, and attendees can choose to participate in the entire event, or just particular sessions.
RFID in Oil and Gas will be held from 11 AM to 1:45 PM EDT on Sept. 22, 2009, and will feature the following presenters:
• Curt Smith, applications director for BP's chief technology office
• Gary Smith, senior supply chain specialist at Dow Chemical's RFID, GPS, Auto-ID Expertise Center
• Sam Falsafi, cofounder of the Oil & Gas RFID Solution Group
• Ashe Menon, National Oilwell Varco's product line manager for RFID-based asset management
• Konrad Konarski, cofounder of the Oil & Gas RFID Solution Group
• Ben Zoghi, professor and director of Texas A&M University's RFID and Sensor Laboratory
• Samuel Levy, Enterprise Solutions' VP of sales engineering
• Jim Pilant, Sempra Utilities' SAP business process designer
• Phill Bartlett, Zebra Enterprise Solutions' sales engineer and system architect
• Mark Roberti, RFID Journal's founder and editor
"We're extremely pleased to partner with the Oil & Gas RFID Solution Group to provide valuable information on how RFID technology can be employed to improve operations in the energy sector," Roberti says. "The group has been doing extremely valuable work in identifying how RFID can be used in the harsh conditions energy companies face, so our audience will find the presentations very valuable."
During this online virtual event, presenters will offer real-world case studies addressing such technology issues as how to ensure tag reads on metal components, tools and machines. What's more, attendees will be brought up to date regarding some of the hardware and software solutions developed specifically to address the needs of the energy industry.
"Our work has shown that companies in the energy sector can save millions of dollars a year by better tracking and managing inventory, rental assets and tools with RFID technology," Konarski states. "Through this partnership with RFID Journal, the group's success stories, its research and its real-world learnings can be effectively communicated to a wider audience."
Login and post your comment!
Not a member?
Signup for an account now to access all of the features of RFIDJournal.com!
SEND IT YOUR WAY
RFID JOURNAL EVENTS
ASK THE EXPERTS
Simply enter a question for our experts.
TAKE THE POLL
|RFID Journal LIVE!||RFID in Health Care||LIVE! LatAm||LIVE! Brasil||LIVE! Europe||RFID Connect||Virtual Events||RFID Journal Awards||Webinars||Presentations|