- Contactless Payments Are on the Rise
Merchants are increasingly using physical cards for payments, as well as a growing number of smartphones equipped with either special chip readers or encoded images.
- Machine Vision and RFID Improve Inventory Tracking
There is enormous potential to utilize both technologies in tandem for tracking applications.
- It's RFID's Turn
Understanding this technology should be the retail sector's big bet for 2020.
- The Coke Example
Business challenges, such as reducing the use of plastic packaging, have motivated the company to invest in technologies to control recycling and engage consumers.
- What's the Real Traction on Blockchain in the Supply Chain?
Major companies ranging from Walmart to Smucker's have started implementing blockchain to track shipments. Find out what's happening and what the technology's results look like today.
- From Designing to Marketing: Major Tech Trends Shaping the Future of Luxury Apparel and Retail
RFID, NFC, the Internet of Things and other disruptive technologies are riding the wave of the digital revolution in the luxury apparel market.
- Has RFID Finally Found Its Place in Retail?
RFID technology is finally taking off in retail—in fact, it's being put to use in a variety of ways, some of which might just surprise you.
- Through the Trough of Disillusionment
Barriers to the adoption of radio frequency identification technologies are disappearing.
- The IoT and Near-Real-Time Retail Personalization
Is this the retail sector's best hope?
- NFC Applications for Wine and Spirits Brands
Authentication and social engagement are among the strongest business cases for wine and spirits brands to adopt smart labeling technology. How is Near Field Communication disrupting the way in which consumers interact with brands—and what can wine brands do to adopt the technology and use it to their advantage?
- How RFID and the IoT Can Boost Retail
Radio frequency identification and the Internet of Things can strengthen omnichannel retailing, making the physical space more integrated with the experience offered by digital channels.
- How Digital Twins Can Help Retailers Give More to Food Banks
The Internet of Things could help to identify products that need to be transferred to a food bank or be put on clearance before they expire.
- How Retailers Can Avoid Striking Out During the World Series
The right technologies can enable retailers to cope with rising customer demand, provide the correct products and enhance the customer experience.
- Smart Retail
Smart devices, RFID and the Internet of Things are on the rise in retail, providing new and better ways to meet the needs of connected shoppers.
- IoT in Pharmacies' Refrigerators Ensures Compliance and Minimizes Patient Risk
The adoption of an Internet of Things platform can allow hospitals and pharmacies to keep patients safe and avoid fines.