- EPC Doesn't Infringe RFID Patents
An intellectual property law firm retained by EAN-UCC has found no RFID patents that would prevent the adoption of the Auto-ID Center's technology.
- New Low-Volume RFID Solution
ExypnoTech of Germany is introducing RFID transponders in paper that can be printed using a modified inkjet printer.
- Intellident Offers RFID Consulting
The UK systems integrator has launched an advisory service for companies considering switching from conventional auto-ID systems to RFID.
- Matrics Unveils Two EPC Readers
The startup is introducing a UHF handheld, as well as a fixed reader that handles Class 0 and Class 1 tags.
- RFID System Secures Idle PCs
Access Denied Systems combines proximity cards with fingerprint authentication to lock up computers when users leave their keyboards.
- Alien Founder Joins Reader Maker
Jeffrey Jacobsen, founder of Alien Technology, plans to bring innovative technology to AWID.
- Tyco to Mass-Produce RFID Readers
The company has licensed technology from ThingMagic and will begin manufacturing readers this spring.
- US Tests Satellite Security System
A field-test starting this week should prove that cargo containers can be secured anywhere in the world.
- For ROI from RFID, Size Matters
A new report by Nucleus Research says the biggest return on investment from an RFID deployment goes to the biggest companies.
- Japan to Push RFID Development
Jun Murai, head of the Auto-ID Center's new lab in Japan, says his country will play an important role in the development of ubiquitous RFID systems.
- RFID: The Next Fashion from Italy?
By Andrew Price
Lab ID of Bologna, Italy, has developed an RFID system designed for tracking garments.
- Alien Ponders Second RFID Plant
Alien Technology, a startup making low-cost RFID tags, is considering building a second production facility in North Dakota.
- Amex Opts for Biometric RFID Card
Employees now use a contactless smart card with fingerprint recognition technology to gain access to the company's New York headquarters.
- RTLS Links Active and Passive RFID
RF Technologies' latest real-time locating system lets companies track assets with any type of tag.
- Axcess Back from the Brink
The company has secured new funding and has introduced a new product, an RFID container seal.