- From Ice Cream to Organs: Five Unusual Items Tracked by the IoT
By Mohsen Mohseninia and Richard Jennings
The Internet of Things can be quite effective as an asset-tracking tool.
- Are Your 5G and IoT Strategies Holistically Aligned?
By Warren Chaisatien and Jan Abrahamsson
The ongoing digital transformation, powered by the advancements of Industry 4.0, is creating a unique opportunity for communications service providers to expand their offerings portfolio well beyond just connectivity.
- The IoT and Near-Real-Time Retail Personalization
By Charlene Marini
Is this the retail sector's best hope?
- NFC Applications for Wine and Spirits Brands
By Marsha Frydrychowski
Authentication and social engagement are among the strongest business cases for wine and spirits brands to adopt smart labeling technology. How is Near Field Communication disrupting the way in which consumers interact with brands—and what can wine brands do to adopt the technology and use it to their advantage?
- Converging at the IoT Edge
By Alon Segal
As the edge becomes the heart of the Internet of Things, there is a need for true expertise to win through.
- How RFID and the IoT Can Boost Retail
By Sandra Maura
Radio frequency identification and the Internet of Things can strengthen omnichannel retailing, making the physical space more integrated with the experience offered by digital channels.
- Smart Labeling Applications for the Health-Care Industry
By Marsha Frydrychowski
Let's explore two high-value applications for smart labeling in the health-care industry: authentication and inventory management.
- How to Un-complicate the Corporate Cloud in the IoT
By Dave Anderson
Making sure complexities do not impact the performance of the Internet of Things will ensure the rewards of a more connected future.
- Security Vulnerabilities Pose a Challenge to IoT/IIoT Mass Adoption
By Tae-Jin (TJ) Kang
As the Internet of Things continues to grow, current discovery and tracking tools and methods need to evolve.
- Beyond Industry 4.0
By Walter Sanches
The focus will now be on the end-to-end digitization of all physical assets, and on the integration of digital ecosystems with value-chain partners.
- Standing on the Threshold: IoT Predictions for 2019
By Steve Latham
Banyan Hills Technologies' CEO takes a look at what's in store for the Internet of Things.
- RFID and the IIoT for Industrial Tool Tracking
By Boris Shiklo
Tool-tracking solutions based on RFID and the Industrial Internet of Things increase tool traceability and availability, reduce tool search times and bring down asset-carrying costs.
- Four Predictions for the IoT in 2019
By Dave McCarthy
How will the Industrial Internet of Things market change during the coming year?
- Are Smart Cities Secure?
By Guy Rosefelt
Planning and oversight have the most significant impact when securing a smart city utilizing Internet of Things and RFID technologies.
- Real-time Location Based Services: Four Predictions for 2019
By Fabio Belloni
This year will bring larger-scale rollouts, new market players, a growing number of partnerships, higher precision levels and broader interoperability among technologies.