- Driverless Cars and Their Relation to the IoT
By Michael Macauley
The development of the Internet of Things has taken root in the auto insurance industry.
- LPWAN Technology: Not One or the Other, But Both
By Olivier Hersent
As the public and private sectors adopt 3GPP cellular IoT technologies and LoRaWAN in tandem, it's best to begin by considering the appropriate use cases for both and the separate benefits of each.
- How Service Relationship Management and the IIoT Are Keeping Transportation on the Right Road
By Michael Riemer
As the Industrial Internet of Things steps out of the shadows and sheds the chains that have kept data from being holistically actionable, we're seeing the beginning of a new commercial asset-management paradigm.
- Four Steps to Unlocking Cost-Effective Business Insights from IoT Data
By Peter Shashkin
Formalizing a cloud strategy can help you reach the point of readiness regarding business intelligence and the Internet of Things.
- Smart Home: Top-Notch Technologies
By Yana Yelina
A growing number of houses contain systems designed to make life easier and more comfortable, thanks to the Internet of Things.
- Leveraging IoT Technologies to Understand Customers
By Terry Lawlor
Service-oriented enterprises and organizations have been slow to adopt Internet of Things technologies. Here is why they should take a closer look.
- Surviving the IoT Cyberattack Pandemic
By Ronald E. Quirk and Terry Dunlap
Assess your risks, secure your firmware and comply with the ever-changing regulatory landscape.
- Taking the LEAP
By Dimistris Kiritsis
Information technology is critical to the future of manufacturing. The EU LinkedDesign project aims to help manufacturers harness and use information.
- To the Edge of the IoT and Beyond
By Neeraj Chadha
As organizations overcome challenges involving speed and technology challenges, they stand to reap rich rewards from the Internet of Things.
- The Gondolas of the Future
By Luiz Carlos Peleckas
Omnichannel retailing has transformed retail shelves, thanks to technologies such as radio frequency identification.
- Internet of Things or Analytics?
By Edson Perin
Differentiating one from the other can help companies understand how to build a true RFID strategy that delivers business results.
- The Internet of Things: A Four-Lens Perspective
By Frank Zachmann
To succeed, your IoT strategy must focus not just on the technology, but also on the users and the business case.
- In the IoT Smart Home, Hack-Proof Security Will Be the Differentiator
By Raoul Wijgergangs
Porous security in the Internet of Things will do more damage than just stopping forward-thinking industries from reaching their business potential.
- Combining E-paper and NFC RFID Technologies to Enhance Medical Asset Management and Tracking
By Scott Soong
The need for specialized scanners with wireless tag technology has resulted in far slower market uptake than was originally envisaged; there is a great deal of scope for e-paper to help make up the shortfall.
- Developing the Backbone of the Internet of Things
By William Chen
Companies face hardware challenges in making the millions of sensors and gateways that enable the growing connected ecosystem.