- Get Ready for Real Smart Packaging
By Edson Perin
It's time for companies to employ the business opportunities that packaging offers when they become truly active and communicative as media.
- Rethinking Cybersecurity for the IIoT: Integrated, Automated and Adaptable
By Prakash Mana
The rapid convergence of IT and OT is opening up cybersecurity gaps; the manufacturing sector will need to address this problem in the year ahead.
- The Coke Example
By Edson Perin
Business challenges, such as reducing the use of plastic packaging, have motivated the company to invest in technologies to control recycling and engage consumers.
- Four Groundbreaking Use Cases for RFID in Health Care
By Inga Shugalo
When it comes to helping hospitals save more lives, the technology cannot be overestimated.
- The Silent Roar: Predicting the IoT in 2020
By Brian Russell
With the Internet of Things growing at an ever-fast rate, the coming year will afford many new opportunities to collect and process data at the edge.
- IoT Trends: What Will 2020 Bring?
By Lee Stacey
Product evangelist Lee Stacey explains what he considers the biggest trends for the Internet of Things in the coming year—including Industrial IoT, MQTT, blockchain and more.
- How to Implement an IIoT Platform in Your Manufacturing Plant
By Megan Ray Nichols
Devices utilizing the Industrial Internet of Things are changing the industry by providing plant managers with valuable, minute-to-minute data.
- Two New State IoT Laws Go Into Effect on Jan. 1
By David Stauss, Bob Bowman and Malia Rogers
In 2020, manufacturers of Internet of Things devices will need to comply with new laws in California and Oregon.
- Office Devices You Least Expect to Be at Risk of a Security Hack
By Mark Marson
No connected device is unhackable, but there are steps a company can take to protect its network from attacks.
- Asset Tracking Around the World
By Roelof Koopmans
Thanks to the increased visibility provided by the Internet of Things, companies can more efficiently and cost-effectively monitor maintenance issues and the real-time status of their assets.
- What's the Real Traction on Blockchain in the Supply Chain?
By John Monarch
Major companies ranging from Walmart to Smucker's have started implementing blockchain to track shipments. Find out what's happening and what the technology's results look like today.
- Universities Are Primed to Capitalize on the IoT's Transformative Potential
By Viswanath Subramaniam
As colleges strive to attract the best students, they must provide an autonomous experience that is intuitive, personalized and connected; the Internet of Things can help.
- Conquering Identity and Access Challenges Amid the IoT Boom
By Ben Goodman
With so many Internet of Things devices in use throughout the world, it's vital to manage identities and access during a company's digital transformation.
- Utilizing the IoT for Smart Agriculture
By Joe Brooker and Alan Griffiths
Farmers and grocers need to take advantage of the Internet of Things and digital transformation to provide people around the world with healthy perishable food.
- How Barcodes and RFID Improve Productivity in the Maintenance Industry
By Bryan Christiansen
From maintenance mobilization to repair completion, inventory control and safety, there are many reasons to embrace both technologies in your operations.