- A Retrospective Look at the Future of Communications
By Dave George
Here are some industry trends to watch out for, including IoT telemetry.
- Happy (Belated) IoT Day
By Jim O'Neill
April marked two industry milestones: Global Internet of Things Day and the anniversary of Moore's Law; both highlight the semiconductor industry's ability to achieve things that previously could only be imagined.
- Five Advantages of RFID for Secure Printing
By John Villegas
Most organizations are opting for some form of print management today—and it's easy to understand why.
- IoT Smart Cities Scenario
By Poliana Moraes
What are the main technologies used in the Brazilian Internet of Things sector, as applied to urban services?
- IoT Standards: The End Game
By Cees Links
Only time will tell which standards will be the most successful.
- The Brave New World of Health-Care IoT Is Enticing—But Proceed With Caution
By Kristina Podnar
Defining limits enables companies to get the most out of the Internet of Things.
- New Sensor Technology Can Allow for Smarter Presence Detection
By Anders Jansson
Small, inexpensive, battery-powered and IoT-caged sensors can be quickly connected with the help of 5G networks to bring about new and more efficient presence detection in, for example, the construction and real-estate sectors.
- The Smart Money Is on the Sensors
By Moussa Kfouri
Thanks to RFID and the Internet of Things, the connected-vehicle market offers huge opportunities.
- Through the Trough of Disillusionment
By Narges Kasiri, Gerd Wolfram and G. Scott Erickson
Barriers to the adoption of radio frequency identification technologies are disappearing.
- From Ice Cream to Organs: Five Unusual Items Tracked by the IoT
By Mohsen Mohseninia and Richard Jennings
The Internet of Things can be quite effective as an asset-tracking tool.
- Are Your 5G and IoT Strategies Holistically Aligned?
By Warren Chaisatien and Jan Abrahamsson
The ongoing digital transformation, powered by the advancements of Industry 4.0, is creating a unique opportunity for communications service providers to expand their offerings portfolio well beyond just connectivity.
- The IoT and Near-Real-Time Retail Personalization
By Charlene Marini
Is this the retail sector's best hope?
- NFC Applications for Wine and Spirits Brands
By Marsha Frydrychowski
Authentication and social engagement are among the strongest business cases for wine and spirits brands to adopt smart labeling technology. How is Near Field Communication disrupting the way in which consumers interact with brands—and what can wine brands do to adopt the technology and use it to their advantage?
- Converging at the IoT Edge
By Alon Segal
As the edge becomes the heart of the Internet of Things, there is a need for true expertise to win through.
- How RFID and the IoT Can Boost Retail
By Sandra Maura
Radio frequency identification and the Internet of Things can strengthen omnichannel retailing, making the physical space more integrated with the experience offered by digital channels.