- Smart Display Solution Finds a Match in RFID
Ynvisible has developed an interactive printed graphics display that employs RFID for power harvesting and could also be married to NFC, HF or UHF tags and sensors to provide visual displays in places where RFID reads are inconvenient or impossible.
- Powercast Aims RF-based Charging Kit at Consumer Goods
The company is selling an evaluation kit to manufacturers of mobile phones, gaming remotes and other wireless devices to test technology that enables the charging of those devices without wires.
- Filter Manufacturer Senses an Opportunity
Donaldson is offering its customers a solution that uses pressure sensors to track the lifespan of filters used in diesel fuel dispensers, with the goal of keeping their operations flowing smoothly.
- New Bluetooth Standards Could Be a Boost to the Internet of Things
The Bluetooth Special Interest Group has not only introduced a new energy-saving specification, but also plans to release an update that promises to double BLE's data speed and quadruple its read range.
- Japan Airlines, Aeon Mall Test Solar-Powered Bluetooth Beacons
The two pilot projects are using a Dai Nippon Printing Co. solution, made with Spansion's beacons.