Home Internet of Things Aerospace Apparel Energy Defense Health Care Logistics Manufacturing Retail

Tags and Readers Discussion

PCB tagging

By M. Jurcic 2018-09-20 08:28:39 AM

I am working for a small local heating complany. We are looking into the idea of replacing BARCODE stickers with SMD UHF RFID tags that we would already recieve mounted from our PCB suppliers.

Currently we are looking into the Murata MAGICSTRAP chips and the NXP UCODE 7 chips (xson6 housing).

The Murata chips look very easy for integration, they have simple antenna designs but they cost more then twice as much as the NXP ones. But on the other hand I have read that the NXP chips are very tricky for placing and soldering and I am unable to find any antenna reference designs which makes me wonder how many man hours we would have to invest into designing a antenna.

Can anyone share some experience with the problems we are facing and maybe even offer some alternatives if we are missing something?

Thank you in advance,
Matej

Login and reply to this post!

Not a member?

Signup for an account now to access all of the features of RFIDJournal.com!

Thread Messages

TOPIC DATE
PCB tagging
By M. Jurcic
RE: PCB tagging
By .

Start A New Discussion

PREMIUM CONTENT
Case Studies Features Best Practices How-Tos
RFID JOURNAL EVENTS
Live Events Virtual Events Webinars
ASK THE EXPERTS
Simply enter a question for our experts.
TAKE THE POLL