|Home||Internet of Things||Aerospace||Apparel||Energy||Defense||Health Care||Logistics||Manufacturing||Retail|
RFID Journal Selects Judges for the Industry's Most Prestigious Awards
The RFID news and events company has selected industry-renowned academics and thought leaders to evaluate submissions and choose the winners for the 2011 RFID Journal Awards.
Nov 29, 2010—RFID Journal today announced that it has selected the majority of individuals who will make up the panel of judges to evaluate submissions and select the winners of the 2011 RFID Journal Awards. Submissions are being accepted through Jan. 31, 2011, and the winners will be announced at RFID Journal LIVE! 2011, to be held on Apr. 12-14, at the Orange County Convention Center, in Orlando, Fla. The winning entries will also be featured in RFID Journal's print magazine.
The RFID Journal Awards recognize companies that have distinguished themselves by their successful use of radio frequency identification. This year, the judges for the six categories—including the new RFID Green Award—will be:
Most Innovative Use of RFID
• Harold Boeck, professor, Université de Sherbrooke
• J.T. (Tom) Cain, professor emeritus, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Pittsburgh
• Florian Michahelles, associate director, Auto-ID Lab St. Gallen
• Pankaj Sood, founder and manager, McMaster RFID Applications Lab, McMaster University; Researcher, University of Cambridge
• Nicola Restifo, project manager and researcher, Fondazione Politecnico di Milano
Best RFID Implementation
• Robb Clarke, associate professor of packaging, Michigan State University
• Bill Hardgrave, dean, Auburn University College of Business
• Stephen Miles, research affiliate, Auto-ID Labs at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
• Antonio Rizzi, director, RFID Lab, University of Parma
• Sanjay Sarma, associate professor of mechanical engineering, MIT, and former chairman of research and cofounder, Auto-ID Center
Best Use of RFID in a Product or Service
• Kevin Berisso, director, AIDC Lab, Ohio University
• Elgar Fleisch, research director, Auto-ID Lab St. Gallen, and co-chair, Auto-ID Labs
• Christian Floerkemeier, researcher, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
• Dimitris Kiritsis, faculty member, Computer-Aided Design & Production Lab, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL)
• Neeraj Sood, researcher, University of Toronto
Best in Show
• Gisele Bennett, director, Electro-Optical Systems Laboratory, Georgia Tech Research Institute
• Erick C. Jones, executive director, RFID and Supply Chain Lab, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
• Marlin H. Mickle, professor of industrial engineering, University of Pittsburgh, and executive director, RFID Center for Excellence
• Justin Patton, director, RFID Research Center, University of Arkansas
• Fred Riggins, clinical associate professor, Department of Information Systems, W. P. Carey School of Business, Arizona State University
• Hong BongHee, professor, Pusan National University
• Tali Freed, associate professor, Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering Department, California Polytechnic State University, and founding director, Cal Poly Laboratory for Global Automatic Identification Technologies
• Sue Hutchinson, director of industry adoption, EPCglobal US
• Paul Prince, executive editor, RFID Journal
• Mark Roberti, founder and editor, RFID Journal
RFID Green Award
• Samuele Astuti, project manager, Lab#ID, Università Carlo Cattaneo (LIUC)
• Jean-Pierre Emond, professor of packaging science, University of Florida
• Peter J. Hawrylak, assistant professor, Electrical Engineering Department, University of Tulsa
• Andrea Linne, features editor, RFID Journal
• Paolo Locatelli, project manager and researcher, Fondazione Politecnico di Milano
Login and post your comment!
Not a member?
Signup for an account now to access all of the features of RFIDJournal.com!
SEND IT YOUR WAY
RFID JOURNAL EVENTS
ASK THE EXPERTS
Simply enter a question for our experts.
TAKE THE POLL
|RFID Journal LIVE!||RFID in Health Care||LIVE! LatAm||LIVE! Brasil||LIVE! Europe||RFID Connect||Virtual Events||RFID Journal Awards||Webinars||Presentations|