- Contactless Payments Are on the Rise
Merchants are increasingly using physical cards for payments, as well as a growing number of smartphones equipped with either special chip readers or encoded images.
- What's the Real Traction on Blockchain in the Supply Chain?
Major companies ranging from Walmart to Smucker's have started implementing blockchain to track shipments. Find out what's happening and what the technology's results look like today.
- Better IoT Security Through Crowdsourced, Blockchain-Driven Platforms
A robust and effective decentralized system of vulnerability reporting and mitigation, leveraging cryptocurrency and blockchain technologies, could improve the security of the IT infrastructure on which everyone relies.
- Machine Learning Helps IoT Deliver a New Channel for a Better, More Secure Payments Experience
Faster and easier payments often come at a risk, but machine learning can simplify our understanding of those behaviors that lie outside a user's normal patterns.
- On the Road to Secure, Standardized Tolling
Government agencies around the world are adopting electronic tolling systems that utilize the ISO 18000-6C RFID standard.
- NFC Hype, the Future of Bluetooth Beacons and Ultracode 2-D Color Bar Codes
At the fall meeting of AIM's German branch, members debated the current and future state of auto-ID technology.
- RFID License Plates: A Successful In-Metal RFID Application
University of Bremen researchers explain how a vehicle's license plate can function as an antenna for a passive UHF tag, outperforming smart labels on windshields, as well as on-metal tags.
- Envisioning a World With NFC-enabled Phones
The technology promises a range of benefits to businesses and consumers, as well as a few challenges.
- Cashing In on Contactless Sporting Events
There are many benefits to adopting a cashless payment system that enables spectators to use RFID cards to pay for food, beverages and other items. Here's what you need to know.
- If at First You Don't Succeed
Companies should keep an open mind about RFID applications.
- Could NFC Fail to Take Off?
Europe is home to some of the few live Near Field Communication rollouts, but they remain small and services are limited.
- Cashless in Europe
Will London's consumers and businesses embrace RFID payment systems? European contactless providers want to know.
- The World Needs Multiple RFID Frequencies, Standards
No single RFID technology fulfills all the requirements of existing and potential markets.
- Mixing RFID in the Auto-ID Blender
Before deploying RFID, first be sure to consider all the automatic-identification and data-capture systems available to you.