- Waste-Management System Cleans Up With UHF RFID
Compta is powering its Bee2Waste system with an RFID solution from TechSigno using Chainway RFID readers to capture data from hundreds of thousands of waste bins as they are commissioned, and each time they are emptied.
- HP Brazil Integrates RFID With Smart Packaging
The technologies work in parallel and in a complementary manner, lowering costs and increasing efficiency in controlling the value chain of products.
- Simon AI Provides Turnkey IoT Solution With BLE
Kontakt.io's new offering is being piloted by companies in the Netherlands and Germany to track the movements of goods and people, as well as temperature conditions, employing cloud-based software.
- Blockchain Platform Leverages RFID Solution for Inventory Management
Citizens Reserve is providing its blockchain solution, enabled by Smartrac's Cosmos software, to the livestock and retail markets, so users can share data with other supply chain members and consumers to validate the conditions of animals and meat.
- Seafolly Brings Intelligence to Swimwear Management
The Australian retailer has completed a pilot to improve inventory management with RFID technology, as well as increasing visibility in the supply chain, using readers and magic mirrors from Solos.
- RFID Tracks Goods at 750 French Menswear Stores
Celio has completed one of France's largest passive UHF RFID deployments, using a solution from Nedap to track all products to prevent out-of-stocks and help store associates better manage their inventory locally, while enabling omnichannel sales.
- RFID Brings Visibility to Hummingbirds at UC Davis
The multi-year university research project is tracking tagged hummingbirds as they approach RFID-enabled feeders, in order to better understand visitation patterns and the potential for disease transmission.
- Shoppers, Retailers See Need for Better Automation, Technology in Stores
Zebra Technologies' annual survey finds that consumers feel they are better connected than store associates, that workers would benefit from tablet use and that decision makers seek automated checkout experiences, as well as boosted fulfillment rates, based on inventory accuracy.
- Companies Testing New IoT Devices for Refrigerated Container Monitoring
Orbcomm's cellular-based CT 3000 and CT 3100 units can be plugged into the reefer units of containers, thereby providing two-way access to sensor data, along with GPS-based location information, which shippers or transport companies can access via the ReeferConnect software platform, and adjust conditions remotely.
- Chinese Packaging Company Brings Low-Cost RFID to United States, Europe
Baoshen Group is opening offices in both regions, and is offering two new RFID products: a hybrid RFID-EAS tag and a printed NFC tag for authentication and consumer engagement that will be released early next year.
- Single Solution Counts Inventory, Tracks Movement, Thwarts Theft
U.K technology company PervasID says its Multi Ranger is designed to accomplish all three functions with a single overhead reader in a store measuring 200 square meters or less, with antennas in the back room and storage area, and at the exit.
- Project Zipper Finds Order Accuracy Jumps to Nearly 100 Percent With RFID
GS1 US and the Auburn University RFID Lab have released a white paper describing a 12-month pilot involving eight brands and five retailers, which found RFID technology, when used in the supply chain from the point of source through two distribution centers and to the store level, nearly eliminated shipping errors.
- Global Rental Company Achieves Near-100 Percent Inventory Accuracy
An RFID solution from CoreRFID has given Lowe Rental visibility into 10,000 of its refrigeration and catering assets as the rental company expands its UHF technology use around the world.
- RFID Tracks Specialty Drugs Through Pharmaceutical Network
Asembia has deployed a UHF RFID-based solution to track the movement and status of specialty medications as they flow from the distribution center to pharmacies and to patients, thereby preventing the dispensing of expired products.
- RFID Ensures Equipment Is on Hand for Poker Tournaments
Alpha Logistics Europe is leveraging a UHF RFID system from Real Asset Management to gain visibility into each piece of equipment that goes to poker tournament sites, and to ensure that they are then returned when the event ends.