- UHF Reading Drone Tracks Vehicles, Assets
FEIG Electronics has teamed up with Tiger Labs and Congruex to develop a drone that can capture passive UHF RFID tag reads from a height of 25 feet, then forward that data, along with GPS-based location information, via Wi-Fi, LoRa or Zigbee.
- Waste-Management System Cleans Up With UHF RFID
Compta is powering its Bee2Waste system with an RFID solution from TechSigno using Chainway RFID readers to capture data from hundreds of thousands of waste bins as they are commissioned, and each time they are emptied.
- Interoperability of Tolls Is Key in Brazil
A report prepared by the BR-500 Consortium, with support from BNDES, proposes to standardize toll collection via RFID tags.
- Driverless Mobile Store Leverages RFID to Bring Food to Customers
Retailer Stop and Shop plans to roll out unmanned vehicles, provided by Robomart, to deliver a selection of products, such as fresh produce, to be perused and purchased by Boston-area shoppers who request the store at their location.
- UHF RFID Reader Systems Capture Laundry Tags in Motion
Datamars' new UHF Portal Plus is designed to read up to 500 tags on textiles as they are transported at average walking speed, without requiring users to stop or open and close cabinet doors, while the UHF Open Tunnel reader fits directly on top of a conveyor to interrogate tags as they move through the packing process.
- Ceitec Receives Maximum Certification in Governance Indicator
The Level 1 certification is the highest granted by Brazil's Ministry of Planning, Development and Management, from which the company obtained a grade of 9.46.
- NXP, Other Companies Preparing for Influx of RFID Baggage Technology Requests
The International Air Transport Association has recommended that all airline passenger bags be tagged with RFID by 2020; RFID companies expect the technology's resulting growth to reflect the retail industry's adoption.
- Skiers Gain Art-Decorated RFID for Lift Access at Granite Peak
The system, provided by SKIDATA, will allow season- and day-pass owners to access the resort and lifts hands-free using an RFID card, and to utilize the same pass—which features artwork from a different local artist each year—to collect loyalty points and engage with the resort later in the season.
- Final Round of Brazil-ID Program Prepares Country for the IoT
Several Internet of Things-based services may use the same infrastructure that currently serves merely to collect tolls.
- Registration Now Open for RFID Journal's 14th Annual European Event
RFID Journal LIVE! Europe, to be held on Nov. 7 in London (with a day of certification training on Nov. 6), will focus on the benefits of employing RFID to improve business operations across Europe.
- Congonhas Airport Modernizes Security and Operations
The facility is using RFID and RTLS technologies to control ramp access and improve asset and staff monitoring, at lower costs.
- Brazilian Sugar and Ethanol Company Uses RFID in Agribusiness
Technology developed by CPqD allows Usina São Martinho to reap the fruits of processes steeped in the Internet of Things.
- Q-Track Kit Provides RTLS Coverage at Low Cost
The company's new kit is aimed at companies for which traditional real-time location systems are too expensive or complex, and can be installed and commissioned by a user within a matter of hours.
- General Motors, Boeing to Keynote at RFID Journal LIVE! 2018
RFID Journal's 16th annual event, being held in Orlando on Apr. 10-12, will feature an impressive lineup of new case studies exploring how to use RFID to create business value.
- Tieto Corp. Beacon Solution Brings Intelligence to Offices
The system, provided by Quuppa, has helped the company to increase sales and productivity, understand how its workspace is being used and automatically enable the utilization of rooms.