- ABI: RFID Market Poised for Growth
The market research firm predicts that the global RFID market will reach $3.1 billion by 2008.
- Integration Impeding Use of RFID
A new survey says many companies are interested in deploying RFID technology but are concerned about integrating RFID data with back-end systems.
- New RFID Data Link for SAP Shops
Supply chain systems specialist Acsis will integrate Matrics' technology into its data-collection platform.
- GlobeRanger Demos RFID Platform
Supply chain software provider GlobeRanger has been showing off a new RFID component for its iMotion wireless application platform.
- Smart Agents for RFID Platform
Vizional integrates auto-ID technology and provides agents that can react to real-time events.
- New Remote RFID Labeling System
Manhattan Associates and Zebra Technologies have teamed up to enable companies to print RFID labels over the Internet.
- RFID's Weak Link: Software Apps
AMR Research says only 1 percent of the 550 RFID companies it tracks offer RFID-enabled software applications.
- IBM Launches New RFID Services
IBM is expanding into RFID with a new services initiative called "E-business to Smart Machines."
- New RFID Platform For Automakers
Athena Integration has introduced a software suite that uses data from RFID tags to transform manufacturing operations.
- Accenture Demos RFID Tools
Accenture recently showed off a prototype system for tracking unique items in a retail environment.
- UCC and RosettaNet To Merge
The high-tech industry's e-business standards group will become a wholly owned subsidiary of the Uniform Code Council.
- Group Studies Supply Chain Technology
Retailers, manufacturers and transportation companies will examine how new technologies work together in the supply chain.
- RFID, Bluetooth Keys for Telecom
Machines communicating via RFID and Bluetooth connections could help save the telecom sector, says Forrester.
- Scanpak Completes Aviva Takeover
Scanpak will be able to integrate RFID data with legacy applications and push the information to desktops and mobile devices.