- Leading Shirt Manufacturer to Present New Case Study at RFID Apparel and Footwear Conference
At the RFID Journal—AAFA Apparel and Footwear Summit, Esquel CIO Bridget Chan will explain how her company benefits from using RFID to manage cotton inventory and track work-in-process.
- Avery Dennison to Host Gathering of Top Executives at Apparel and Footwear Summit
As the cornerstone sponsor of the RFID Journal—AAFA Apparel and Footwear Summit, Avery Dennison will host the invitation-only Leadership Forum to discuss critical issues related to adoption of RFID technology in the apparel and footwear sector.
- NXP Debuts Reference Design Center
The semiconductor firm sees the facility as a place where end users can test RFID technology, and where NXP and other RFID technology vendors can develop specific products based on end users' needs.
- RFID Journal Announces Speakers for Apparel Event
Dillard's CIO Bill Holder heads a lineup of industry leaders at the only RFID event designed for apparel and footwear companies.
- Tagsys Unveils Smart Cabinet to Help Hospitals Manage Surgical Scrubs
The system takes inventory of available items, records which garments have been dispensed to which hospital staff and documents those returned for laundering.
- Two Studies Describe the RFID Workforce
A pair of reports released last week provides insights into the industry's emerging workforce. One says RFID vendors and integrators face a shortage of RFID professionals, while another indicates end users prefer workers with industry-specific hands-on experience.
- Karstadt Readies for RFID
After years of sitting on the sidelines, Germany's largest fashion retailer has decided to launch a six-month pilot involving the tagging of 50,000 items.
- University of Arkansas Kicks Off Apparel and Footwear RFID Study
The project, which is being conducted by the university, consumer goods associations and a major retailer, will explore how tagging individual goods with RFID can improve retail processes.
- EPCglobal Hong Kong Wraps Two-Year, Multi-Company RFID Project
The undertaking tested several EPCglobal standards and involved four pilots tracking goods with RFID as they moved across countries and oceans.
- Telekom Austria Launches Managed RFID Services
Currently focused on the fashion industry, the offering includes tags, interrogators, software, installation and integration.
- Madrid Reebok Club Members Play With RFID
All members now use a card, bracelet or watch with a 13.56 passive RFID tag to access facilities and buy goods and services.
- Indian Retailer Uses RFID on Garments
Tagging individual items reduces theft, cuts the time required for taking inventory and speeds up sales transactions.
- IPICO Enters Race for RFID Sports Timing
Starting with the 48,000-runner BolderBoulder race, IPICO Sports plans to deploy more than 400,000 passive tags and 500 readers over the next two years.
- Middleware Makes RFID a SOX Compliance Tool
A financial consulting firm is marketing RFID middleware designed to send tag data into Sarbanes-Oxley software, eliminating data errors and lowering compliance costs.
- Retailers Test RFID Smart Tables
Two stores are using the tables, which have built-in UHF EPC RFID interrogators, to display marked-down products and track their movements.