- Anticipating ROI, Rewe Expands Its RFID Deployment
One of Europe's largest food retailers, the company is moving beyond the pilot phase so it can receive 3,000 tagged pallets per day.
- Eastern U.S.'s Fourth-Busiest Port Embraces RFID
The South Carolina State Ports Authority joins 80 ports worldwide in becoming part of the Savi RFID network.
- University of Arkansas Researchers Host Cold Chain Seminar at RFID Journal LIVE!
Researchers responsible for the seminal Wal-Mart out-of-stock study will also demonstrate RFID technology at RFID Journal LIVE! 2007, April 30 to May 2, at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort in Orlando.
- U.S. Military Ramps Up Adoption of Satcom-RFID Kits
Most of the nation's military branches have deployed the technology, which combines RFID and satellite communications, to track and manage supply shipments in the field.
- Trailer Maker Uses RFID to Stay Lean
At its plant in Penticton, British Columbia, a real-time location system is helping Peerless determine the pace of production needed to meet customer demand and identify delays.
- Mikoh Develops Reusable Container With RFID Security Seal
The company's SecureContainer system features a passive tag designed to notify an RFID interrogator if a sealed container has been opened while passing through the supply chain.
- Caterpillar Looks to RFID to Improve Work-in-Progress Visibility
The first project within this initiative will use 433 MHz active RFID tags to track flatbed trailers transporting parts and subassemblies at the company's manufacturing plant in Decatur.
- RFID is Key Element to Germany's High-Tech Strategy
The government sees RFID as an emerging technology in which the country can play a leading global role, and is investing millions of euros in research that includes RFID.
- Unipart Launches Insight Service for Real-Time Shipment Tracking
The service combines RFID, GSM/GPRS and GPS technologies so companies can track containers of goods and the trucks transporting them.
- South African Railroad Switches to Passive RFID
Spoornet, the region's largest rail operator, will equip its fleet of 80,000 freight railcars with UHF tags from TransCore.
- Safeway Tracks Shipments to Alaska Stores, DCs
The supermarket chain is using a system of active RFID tags and readers to track cargo containers transported by shipping and logistics company Horizon Lines.
- Active RFID Tracks Alaskan Cargo
Shipping firm Horizon Lines has gained total visibility over all its cargo shipments to Alaska with an active RFID system that tracks shipping containers in terminals, on ships, in DCs, and as they travel on highways. Grocer Safeway uses data from the system to track incoming goods to its Alaskan supermarkets.
- T3Ci Aims to Help Fight Drug Counterfeiting
Developed in conjunction with one of the world's top drug companies, T3Ci's future services will rely on newly patented software mechanisms.
- DHL Expects to Launch "Sensor Tag" Service by Midyear
Pharmaceutical companies will be able to use the service to track the temperature and shelf life of their products as the shipping company transports them from warehouse to store.
- Zebra Buys WhereNet
The provider of passive RFID labels and printer-encoders broadens its RFID reach by adding active-tag technology to its product portfolio.