- RFID Has Good Chemistry for Polymer Management
Polish chemical company Grupa Azoty is planning its deployment options after piloting UHF RFID technology from ProxiGroup to manage the status and locations of its bagged products as they are packaged and then transported into zones.
- Transport Companies in Miami, Philadelphia Opt for Contactless Payments
The use of NFC technology is becoming increasingly common on buses and subways around the world, especially through smartphones.
- Interoperability of Tolls Is Key in Brazil
A report prepared by the BR-500 Consortium, with support from BNDES, proposes to standardize toll collection via RFID tags.
- RFID Journal LIVE! to Feature Airline Baggage-Tracking Workshop
Educational sessions being offered on Apr. 2, in cooperation with the International Air Transport Association, will help airlines to deploy RFID in the most cost-effective way possible.
- Inventor-e Launches Hybrid Auto-ID Solutions
The U.K. company is offering its Smartie tags and iSite readers, along with apps and software to manage deployments that can combine Bluetooth beacons with EPC and NFC passive RFID tags.
- SportLife Tracks Athletic Shoes, Apparel
The Colombian retailer is using APES' hosted cloud-based RFID solution, which is designed to make installation easy and inexpensive.
- Australian Cotton Gin Tracks Product to Boost Efficiency
RFID tags embedded in bundles of unprocessed cotton bolls help Southern Cotton track when it receives, stores and gins those bundles, and the company then shares that data with growers.
- Hanjin Newport Co. Expedites Loading and Unloading With RFID
The Korean terminal operator is using a Mojix-based solution provided by Qbit to ensure that the automated crane is ready to meet a vehicle for unloading or loading, thereby improving efficiency.
- RFID Helps Keep Utah Transit Authority on Track
UTA is deploying passive RFID tags and readers to manage rail cars and components, schedule their maintenance and inspection, and comply with federal rules.
- Identiv Offers NFC RFID Temperature-Tracking Solution
The system—consisting of the disposable uTrust Sense Temperature Tracker tag and an app for Android smartphones and tablets—is designed to serve as a low-cost data-logger.
- Blacksburg Transit Installs Beacons to Boost Ridership, Adjust Service
More than 12,000 riders use the beacon-enabled app to direct them to the correct bus stop; the agency employs the system to collect ridership data and modify bus dispatching accordingly.
- Contractors Use RFID Sensors to Measure Strain in Seattle Rail Tunnels
The sensors, provided by Phase IV, are being embedded in prefabricated concrete sections of the tunnels' lining, and will be used to verify the structure's integrity.
- Porsche Uses RFID to Track Prototype Testing, Improve Security
The car manufacturer is tracking which components are installed in its prototype vehicles, and is monitoring the cars' locations to reduce their chances of being seen by unauthorized parties.
- Swiss Food Co-op Deploys RFID to Automate Shipment Tracking
Thanks to RFID tags attached to returnable containers, Migros' East Switzerland regional cooperative knows which refrigerated goods are being loaded onto which truck, and can intervene if a mistake is being made, while stores can also access that data to check the status of their orders.
- RFID Brings Greater Efficiency, Product Visibility to Interstate Batteries
The latest phase of the company's RFID deployment involves two million batteries, 2,200 smart storage and display racks, and 29 delivery trucks.