Jul 08, 2008RFID Journal has announced a partnership with GS1 in Europe, which will host this year's EPC Europe Conference. The conference will be colocated with RFID Journal LIVE! Europe 2008, the fourth annual conference and exhibition for Europe, to be held Nov. 4-6 at the Clarion Hotel in Prague.
The EPC Europe Conference will highlight case studies by several early adopters of EPC technology in Europe, including presentations by:
• Gerd Wolfram, managing director of MGI Metro Group Information Technology
• Henri Barthel, BRIDGE project coordinator for GS1
• Paul Roberts, logistics manager at Nestlé UK
• Chris Adcock, president of EPCglobal
• Stephane Pique, director of EPC RFID for GS1 in Europe
• Harry Jacobi, CEO of the European Pallet Association
• Jörg Hirt, manager of consulting standards and projects at Rewe Group
• Bruno Lifart, consultant for Victorinox
"We are very pleased to work with RFID Journal to showcase EPC success stories at the EPC Europe Conference," Pique says. "This is a chance for attendees of both events to benefit from hearing how RFID and EPC standards are delivering real value to companies doing business in Europe."
The EPC Europe Conference will be preceded by a special preconference seminar on implementing Electronic Product Code (EPC) technologies. Attendees can purchase passes enabling them to attend both events, as well as the combined exhibition.
"This really is a unique opportunity for companies to learn how they can employ and benefit from GS1 and EPCglobal standards and other types of RFID technologies, all in one convenient location—the beautiful city of Prague," says Mark Roberti, founder and editor of RFID Journal. "Companies can see the latest products and learn how they can solve real business problems with RFID today."