- Gen 2 EPC Protocol Approved as ISO 18000-6C
The International Standards Organization has made EPCglobal's UHF Gen 2 air-interface protocol a part of its ISO/IEC 18000-6 standard.
- EC Takes RFID Survey, Schedules Final Conference
The European Commission seeks a consensus regarding Europe's need for clear, predictable and stable policies about RFID, and the nature of those policies.
- RFIDsec Unveils Privacy-Protected Tags
The company's RFID system is designed to prevent unauthorized activation of tags attached to consumer products.
- Novartis Trial Shows RFID Can Boost Patient Compliance
The study involved the hypertension medication Diovan in specially adapted RFID-enabled blister packs.
- FDA Issues New 'Counterfeit Drug Task Force' Report
The agency will not mandate RFID's use within the pharmaceutical industry, but urges the industry to 'move quickly to implement this technology.'
- RFID Vendors Unite to Promote UHF for Items
Six industry leaders have joined together to promote the use of UHF for drugs, and have issued a paper to argue their case.
- DaimlerChrysler Putting RFID Tags in Kanban Cards
The automaker plans to begin pilot RFID projects that will increase the visibility of parts at two of its German production sites.
- Blommer Tracking Chocolate with RFID
The cocoa-processing company has launched a warehouse management system and an RFID tracking system to improve inventory control and visibility.
- Alien Seeks to Disprove Intermec Patent Infringement
Alien says it is seeking a declaratory judgment to prove its RFID products do not violate Intermec’s intellectual property.
- Cardinal Health Readies Item-Level Pilot
The drug manufacturer, packager and distributor will test an RFID system that could help verify the authenticity of products moving through the supply chain.
- Orion Pharma Finishes RFID Trial
The Finnish drugmaker says it learned a lot about how to tag and track individual items, and has gained insight into how to use RFID to track raw materials and packaging.
- Companies Believe in RFID Benefits, Not Hype
At RFID Journal LIVE! this week, attendees received an update on Wal-Mart’s RFID deployment and tried to match their needs with the state of the technology.
- CPG Manufacturers Need RFID Framework
After surveying U.S. makers of consumer packaged goods, the Grocery Manufacturers Association published a white paper promoting a three-tier template to guide RFID adoption.
- TI, Smurfit-Stone Demo RFID-Enabled Cases
Texas Instruments and packaging manufacturer Smurfit-Stone have jointly devised a prototype cardboard case with an integrated RFID tag for the consumer packaged goods sector.
- Impinj Adds Item-Level RFID Offerings
The company is unveiling new inlay and interrogator antenna designs and small inlay form factors aimed at item-level tagging.