- Steam Trap Sensor Provides Active RFID Without Battery
PsiKick's new self-powering sensors harvest energy from steam, vibration or ambient lighting to capture sensor data, then transmit that information to a cloud-based server for real-time and historical analytics regarding the operation of equipment.
- IoT Brings Pool, Irrigation, Lighting Data to Homeowner Association
San Diego's West Park Maintenance district is trialing the Common Sense system from Three Phase Electric for one year, to determine the value of capturing sensor data wirelessly and receiving alerts, as well as analytical data on a dashboard.
- RFID4U Sees Growth in Field Inventory Tracking
During a recent webinar, the company described several applications in health care, oil and gas, and other industries that are using its cloud-based TagMatiks FI solution to understand where goods are located, as well as their status, and to thereby gain intelligence regarding expiration dates, how well products are selling and when operational changes are needed.
- RFID Enables Use of Non-synthetic Cleaner by Tracking Expirations
The Annihilyzer solution, from Paradigm Convergence Technologies, leverages hydrochlorous acid to kill germs without toxins, while RFID tracks its 30-day shelf life to ensure it's being used properly.
- Mühlbauer's Tag Manufacturing Machines Aim to Be Greener, Lower-Cost
Inlay manufacturers are testing a new flip-chip machine from the German technology company that promises a 40,000-unit-per-hour rate, as well as an antenna cutter to eliminate the need for etching chemicals.
- Petrochemical Company Launches Refinery of the Future With IoT
Texmark Chemicals is using technology from Hewlett Packard Enterprise and Aruba to automatically collect real-time data regarding the function of critical pumps on the plant floor, with long-term goals of managing assets, as well as employee safety and access, via video and other wireless technologies.
- Extronics to Market AeroScout Wi-Fi-based RFID Tags, Software to Industrial Sector
Two months after saying its AeroScout Industrial product line was being phased out, Stanley Healthcare has struck an agreement with Extronics, which plans to provide AeroScout sales and service to customers in the oil and gas, chemical, pharmaceutical and petrochemical sectors.
- Flexstr8 Offers NFC-Enabled Labels for Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, Consumer Products
The startup's NFC Smart Label solution is being trialed by companies to track goods, pharmaceuticals, and maintenance and service for industrial equipment.
- Iron Mine Uses RFID to Locate and Control Equipment
Precyse Technologies' Smart Agent active tags enable the mining company to know where its generators, welding equipment and mobile lighting are located, as well as switch the lighting on and off.
- Hong Kong Electroplating Company Speeds Up Production With RFID
Jing Mei Industrial is using passive UHF tags and readers to better track workflow.
- Nuclear Facility Tests RFID on Pipe Welds
A solution from Beweis is intended to accurately identity a pipe weld via a handheld reader, and link that weld to radiographic images of it that prove its integrity.
- Woodside Tests New Passive-Active RFID Tag
The Australian oil and gas company is trialing Omni-ID's Power 400 RFID tag, branded as the Woodside Smart Tag (or W-Tag), at its LNG operation site.
- RFID Journal Unveils Agenda for RFID in Energy, Mining & Construction Conference
Speakers at the event, to be held in Australia on Aug. 12-13, will include executives from Woodside Energy and Bechtel.
- Hebrew University's Nanotech Lab Tracks Researcher Locations, Emergencies
The school's Unit for Nanofabrication lab is employing an RTLS solution from LogiTag to identify researchers' locations, and to issue alerts if a worker presses a panic alarm on an RFID tag.
- RFID News Roundup
U Grok It raises $600,000 in angel funding, begins manufacturing UHF smartphone readers; Xerafy, RFID Global Solution, Alien Technology partner on RFID kit for hospitals; Holland RFID, Xerafy announce oil-and-gas partnership; Walgreens' Duane Reade drugstores deploy Bluetooth beacons; Nivea embeds StickNFind beacons in magazine ads; CSL creates dual-mode access cards in partnership with HID, announces new temperature tag; Qualcomm establishes subsidiary as standalone Bluetooth beacon company.