- Manila Hospital Slashes Infection Rate
The Medical City has seen a 48 percent reduction in infections in one year since installing an RTLS-based hand-washing compliance system.
- Microchip Markets RFID Technology that Transmits via the Human Body
The company says its BodyCom active tags and readers are more secure than RFID technology that transmits signals through the air, making it suitable for controlling access to cars, buildings, power tools, computers and firearms.
- Children's of Alabama Expands RTLS Deployment for Asset Tracking
Having deployed Versus' RTLS at its Benjamin Russell Hospital, Children's of Alabama is installing it within its older building, and plans to use it to manage nurse emergency calls and monitor hand hygiene.
- PointRF Adds Moisture-Sensing Diapers and Two-Way Tags to Its RFID Lineup
The new products are part of the NoWander solution, which enables a nursing facility to know where its patients are and if they have fallen, as well as analyze patient activity.
- RTLS Brings Efficiency to Dorset County Hospital
The U.K. facility has deployed Stanley Healthcare's AeroScout Wi-Fi-based real-time location system to enable software to pinpoint the location of assets.
- RFID News Roundup
U.K. retailer John Lewis trials ZBD's electronic signs, displays; Novadis unveils rubber-encased UHF tag for harsh environments; RF Technologies consolidates product offerings; Danish agency seeks tenders for auto-ID and tracking in hospitals; MasterCard announces contactless-payments gains in Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa.
- Christiana Care Health System to Adopt Awarepoint's New Bed and Bay Sensors
The new sensor, used in conjunction with Awarepoint's ZigBee-based real-time location system, is designed to precisely track assets, patients and clinicians in predefined spaces as small as 1 foot by 1 foot.
- Innovapaedics Develops RFID System for Tracking Surgical Implants, Tools
The company hopes to soon launch beta tests of its MedEx solution, which uses Xerafy passive UHF tags to record which items are utilized during medical procedures.
- GE Announces Plans to Develop RFID-Guided Robots for Managing Surgical Tools
Scientists at GE Global Research will spend two years developing a prototype system for VA hospitals, using RFID to help automate the process of transporting, cleaning and storing surgical tools.
- RFID Journal LIVE! 2013 to Feature Nine Preconference and Four New Post-conference Seminars
The company's 11th annual conference and exhibition will include seminars and workshops focused on RFID's use in various industries.
- VA Re-awards $543 Million RTLS Contract to HP
HP Enterprise Services has regained its contract with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to provide real-time location system technology to VA medical centers nationwide, following a reevaluation ordered by the U.S. Government Accountability Office.
- ODIN, Acquired by Quake Global, Releases iPad-based Solution
The company is marketing its EasyID system for the iPad tablet to health-care providers and other organizations, to help them track asset inspections via an RFID reader wand.
- New Solution From Stanley Healthcare, GetWellNetwork Helps Keep Hospital Patients Informed
The system, already in use at Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel, combines Stanley's RTLS RFID technology with GetWellNetwork's Interactive Patient Care platform.
- RFID Journal LIVE! 2013 to Feature IEEE RFID 2013 Colocated Event
The 11th annual conference and exhibition will host the IEEE Technical Committee's RFID event for the fifth year running.
- Pilots of CSL's Battery-Assisted Passive UHF RFID Card Underway
Several dozen sites, including a large U.S. retailer and a private school in India, are testing the company's tag, which offers a read range of up to 80 feet without obstructions, and about 15 feet when attached to a person's body.