- Extronics to Market AeroScout Wi-Fi-based RFID Tags, Software to Industrial Sector
Two months after saying its AeroScout Industrial product line was being phased out, Stanley Healthcare has struck an agreement with Extronics, which plans to provide AeroScout sales and service to customers in the oil and gas, chemical, pharmaceutical and petrochemical sectors.
- Industry Leaders to Present New RFID Case Studies at RFID Journal LIVE! Brasil
Sabesp, Petrobras, Sinctronics and others will present real-world case studies at the event, to be held on Oct. 7-8 in São Paulo.
- RFID Helps Tile Maker Keep Costs From Going Through the Roof
Thanks to the system, MCA has reduced the amount of time needed to take inventory of its clay roofing tiles by 98 percent.
- Australian Researcher Uses RFID to Track Preschoolers' Activity Levels
The project's goal is to learn how teachers can influence their students' behavior, with the premise being that greater physical activity improves a child's health and well-being.
- Bill Hardgrave, Dean of Auburn University's College of Business, to Speak at RFID Journal LIVE! Brasil 2015
The preeminent expert on RFID in retail will share his insights on Oct. 7 in São Paulo at RFID Journal's fourth annual Brazilian event.
- RFID News Roundup
HID Global intros iClass SE UHF readers for hands-free parking, gate control ••• Smartrac unveils Smart-Loop Prelam for UHF eID applications ••• Impinj adds handheld readers to its platform ••• ISO ratifies GS1 EPCIS standard ••• Penn State researchers use Gimbal beacons to create interactive learning spaces ••• Optivity Group announces RFID asset-tracking software for museums.
- RFID News Roundup
Teslonix launches evaluation kit for developing IoT, RFID systems with new RF technology ••• Kalahari resort in the Poconos implements PDC's SmartBand RFID system ••• East Kent Hospitals tracks 3,000 medical devices via Harland Simon's RFID tags ••• Haldor announces standalone RFID-enabled sponge-management system for hospitals ••• DFI Technologies intros new NFC-enabled rugged tablet for industrial automation.
- View Technologies Launches Long-Range RTLS for Passive UHF Tags
The inView system is being tested or deployed by manufacturers, logistics companies and retailers, through systems integrators, to track the locations of UHF RFID-tagged items in real time.
- Industrial Internet Consortium Launches New Industrial Testbed
Infosys is leading the group's latest testbed project, for which it is creating a repeatable approach to tracking (and improving) asset efficiency in industrial applications.
- Nutrace, Belintra Market RFID-based Surgical-Tool Tracking Solution in the U.S.
The Nutrace system, already used by hospitals in Europe, includes Belintra's passive HF RFID tags, Panmobil's handheld RFID readers and its own Stemato software for managing data.
- At PGA Tournaments, Bluetooth Beacons Are Par for the Course
Golf fans at a recent championship event were able to know the locations of players within close range.
- Clean-Room Services Provider Uses RFID to Keep Things Orderly
Micro-Clean is using the technology to track air-cleaning units, as well as tools for maintaining and testing those units, to ensure that all are being serviced and calibrated as required.
- Italian Reproductive Medicine Center Uses RFID to Track In Vitro Fertilization
Genera has found that Research Instruments' RI Witness solution makes its Rome and Naples clinics more efficient, while providing extra confidence to patients and embryologists that every process will be error-free.
- Cryogatt Releases Cryogenics Solution
The system combines the company's readers and software with HID Global's tags to enable the tracking of frozen specimens inside freezer containers as cold as -321 degrees Fahrenheit.
- U.K. Construction Company Collects Inspection Data Onsite With NFC
The McGee Group is using NFC RFID technology and apps from Mobilengine to ensure that its trucks are properly inspected, as well as track tool usage and inspection and worker training at demolition or construction sites.