- GSM Logistica Reduces Costs via RFID
Prior to the deployment, the company's processes relied on manual, error-prone, high-cost manual barcode operations.
- Zebra Study Reveals Executives' Priorities
According to the research, 89 percent of the companies polled are investing in labor and technology to expand their warehouse deployments by 2024.
- BAE Systems to Present at RFID Journal LIVE! Europe
In November, the global aerospace, defense and security company will speak about its use of radio frequency identification to automate inventory replenishment, manage the status and location of each asset and tool, and bring visibility to work-in-process.
- Singapore Airport, Airlines Piloting Handheld RFID Reader
Koamtac's UHF RFID module can be attached to a barcode scanner or stand alone as a Bluetooth-connected device with a mobile phone that can be charged, along with the phone, on a single charging device.
- BehrTech, Applied-IoT Partner on IIoT Solutions for Harsh Environments
The two companies say they hope to drive visibility and data-driven decision making in the industrial sector.
- Paper Mill Optimizes Manufacturing and Stock Control
By deploying an RFID system from iTag, a papermaking firm has reduced the need for manual operations and has sped up its processes.
- Blockchain Solution Employs NFC for Supply Chain Accountability
ShipChain and GTX are partnering to offer a solution that captures supply chain data throughout perishable goods' journey from manufacturer to consumer, with a goal of boosting visibility and trust.
- FDA RFID Drug Pilot Planned This Summer
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has signed on to a six-month project with a technology firm, as well as drug companies and hospitals, to study the value of data captured from UHF RFID-tagged injectable drugs as they move from the point of manufacture to a patient.
- Smart Security Vehicles Leverage IoT to Capture and Share Data
With Internet of Things sensors and connectivity from MetTel, Brosnan Risk Consultants is monitoring the conditions in and around its security trucks, then sharing that data with customers to provide greater visibility into work being done by each of thousands of officers throughout the United States.
- Sensormatic Releases SaaS Loss-Prevention and Inventory-Management System
The company's RFID- and BLE-based TrueVUE solution is designed to offer a low cost of entry for retailers looking to use RFID to track stock and capture shrinkage data in order to improve inventory accuracy.
- Adler Modemarkte Rolls Out RFID Robot Across 45 Stores
After several years of piloting the technology to prove it can bring automated inventory visibility to its stores, the fashion retailer is expanding MetraLabs' TORY robotic technology this summer, with plans to equip all 175 shops by 2021.
- IoT Keeps an Eye on Cold Beer in South Africa
Anheuser-Busch InBev's South African Brewery is piloting an IoT system that captures data about the temperatures and locations of beer coolers around the country, and can thus confirm that they are in use, are being used properly and are in good working order.
- Zebra Survey Finds Warehouses Preparing to Augment Operations With Technology
The company's "2024 Warehousing Vision Study" finds that RFID and RTLS are among the technologies that three-quarters of surveyed businesses plan to use to meet the demands of the e-commerce market, even with labor shortages.
- RFID Enables Automatic Replenishment for Dutch Retailer
Wild Store is leveraging RFID technology from RFKeeper at its distribution center and at two stores to gain visibility into where goods are located, thereby automating the ordering of new inventory and offering goods for sale from its Web shop.
- RFID Tracks Bourbon As It Ages
Wild Turkey has employed a UHF RFID system to monitor the aging process of its liquor at three storage locations, while eliminating the time and potential errors related to manually counting its 650,000 barrels.