- Why More Sensors Means More Susceptibility in the IoT
Data privacy can only be guaranteed when users make their own informed decisions regarding device use.
- The 'How's My Driving?' Sticker Isn't Working
How the Internet of Things curbs distracted driving for fleets.
- Telematics Data Helps Smart Cities Minimize Pollution, Gridlock and More
A city is only as smart as the data it collects.
- National Safety Month: Ensuring Worker Safety With Edge Computing
There's no time like the present for organizations to reassess and evaluate the safety measures they have in place to protect personnel—and the IoT can help.
- The Convergence of Technologies in Warehouse and Inventory Management
RFID, RTLS, the Internet of Things and blockchain can drive innovation throughout the supply chain. How will these key technology trends affect warehouse and supply chain operations across various industries?
- New Sensor Technology Can Allow for Smarter Presence Detection
Small, inexpensive, battery-powered and IoT-caged sensors can be quickly connected with the help of 5G networks to bring about new and more efficient presence detection in, for example, the construction and real-estate sectors.
- The Smart Money Is on the Sensors
Thanks to RFID and the Internet of Things, the connected-vehicle market offers huge opportunities.
- Real-time Location Based Services: Four Predictions for 2019
This year will bring larger-scale rollouts, new market players, a growing number of partnerships, higher precision levels and broader interoperability among technologies.
- The Impact of the IoT and Wearables on Health
Connected devices, built-in sensors and collected data allow individuals to lead independent lives at a much lower risk.
- The Future of Data With the Rise of the IoT
Data is the biggest challenge of our age, but the rise of the Internet of Things will create an even bigger data challenge, in which the outputs from a myriad of embedded sensors will be meshed and overlaid to deliver startling new products and services.
- Three Roadblocks that Could Hinder Warehouse IoT Adoption
It's vital to get warehouse personnel excited about RFID, BLE and other IoT-enabled technologies in order to create avenues that can drive innovation and deliver value.
- From Cars to Data Centers: Driving the Internet of Things with NVMe
The incredibly fast bandwidth advantages and high queue depths of Non-Volatile Memory Express SSDs enable faster and more efficient big data analysis.
- Smart Cows and How Not to Design IoT Products to Fail
As a growing number of consumers come to rely on the power of the Internet of Things, increasing pressure will mount on product makers to ensure that their products are reliable.
- How Fog Computing Will Make the Edge Even Smarter
The future is foggy for large, distributed Internet of Things infrastructures—and that's a good thing.
- Heralding the Age of Intelligent Buildings
Let's assess the impact of the Internet of Things on building-management systems.