- Cosmetics and Liquor Companies Assess Toppan Printing's Holographic RFID Labels
If the tags meet performance and cost criteria, the companies will begin using them, with the goal of preventing counterfeiting and illegal distribution of their products.
- Ándale! Spain's Postal Service Deploys RFID
Correos, the Spanish national postal service, has outfitted 37 distribution centers with an RFID system that tracks mail samples to analyze the flow of mail through the system. Reva Systems, whose equipment was used in the project, says the postal industry is a growing RFID market.
- Manor's RFID Deployment Expected to Yield Quick ROI
According to the implementation's system integrator, Switzerland's largest retailer is enjoying greater efficiency at its DCs and stores, as well as a range of other benefits.
- ODIN Report Reveals EPC RFID's Effectiveness for Tracking IT Assets
The company scientifically tested seven EPC Gen 2 RFID tags suitable for IT asset tracking, and analyzed five use cases, including employing the technology to manage memory cards.
- Manufacturer to Track Half a Million Gas Cylinders
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd. is using passive RFID tags to automate its bottling and distribution process, and to prevent the illegal diversion of its products.
- Navy, Marines Track Assets on Oahu
Military warehouses at Pearl Harbor and Kaneohe Bay are using EPC Gen 2 RFID to track inbound and outbound supplies and equipment.
- Zebra Unveils Wearable RFID Printer-Encoder
The mobile device encodes EPC Gen 2 tags and supports both thermal transfer and direct thermal printing technologies.
- University Students Create a Virtual RFID-enabled Hospital
The group has created the facility in Second Life, a 3-D online world. The goal is to provide a way for health-care organizations to test RFID implementations prior to physical deployment.
- Walgreens Opens RFID-Enabled Distribution Center
The drugstore chain's DC in Anderson, S.C., has tagged 170,000 totes used to supply merchandise to 700 stores throughout the Southeast, enabling the company to prevent errors and streamline its shipping processes.
- EPCIS Technology Improves Visibility for North Sea Oil Service and Supply Companies
An EPCIS-compliant system from Spartan Solutions Services is enabling Swire Oilfield Services and Aker Solutions to share data regarding the whereabouts of their equipment and containers.
- Hotel Keeps Uniform Inventory With RFID
A Buenos Aires luxury hotel is using RFID to make sure employees always have a clean, crisp uniform ready when they show up at work.
- RedPrairie Adds RFID Support for Yard Management
RedPrairie announced its core warehouse management system now supports RFID for yard management functions. The leading WMS and supply chain software provider said its customer base has shown strong interest in using RFID for asset management and yard management, but not for case and pallet tracking within distribution centers.
- Terso Offers EPC-Enabled Medical Cabinets
The company is providing a version of its enclosures that uses EPC Gen 2 technology to secure medications and medical devices, as well as to monitor inventory levels.
- RFID Provides Utility Company With Real-Time Visibility
A Canadian utility company tracks reels arriving and departing from its distribution center and storage yards, thereby reducing theft and out-of-stocks.
- Metro Group, DHL to Roll Out RFID in France
The rollout—which the companies claim is the largest French retail deployment—will provide Metro with a better understanding of shipment flow, while also helping reduce delays.