- Alien Technology Certifies RFID Distributor in Brazil
A partnership with Taggen enables the sale of RFID readers, antennas and accessories in that country, all approved and certified by Anatel.
- Small Tamper-Evident Beacon Aims to Prevent Product Theft and Fraud
Companies are purchasing Bluvision's new BEEKs Mini Tamper Proof Tag to protect their high-value assets or supplies, by detecting if someone breaks the beacon adhesive, and then receiving alerts based on that action.
- Security at the Core of Cisco's IoT Initiatives
Executives at the company's subsidiary in Brazil stress the importance of its Kinetic platform for processing Internet of Things data.
- Beacon-Based Solution Brings Intelligence to Offices
Tieto Corp. has seen sales and productivity increase since it installed its own MyOffice solution, using Quuppa beacon technology, to understand how work space is used, as well as automatically enable conference room use, service requests and worker location.
- Shopper Fulfillment Expectations Up, Satisfaction Still Elusive in Study
Zebra Technologies has released its "2017 Global Shopper Study," which measures how well retailers are keeping up with shopper expectations at physical stores and online, with an eye toward improving those numbers with RFID and IoT technologies.
- Passive Sensor Tags to Surpass 5 Million Units This Year
IDTechEx research finds that passive UHF and NFC sensor tags are dominating the RFID sensor market, while battery-assisted sensor tags are also seeing market growth as a relatively low-cost IoT solution.
- Companies Test T-Systems' IoT Technology in Brazil
With the Roambee device, the Internet of Things platform collects data such as location, shock, humidity, temperature, movement, air gases and other environmental variations.
- Zebra Survey Finds IoT Plans in the Works at Most Companies
Only 36 percent of respondents say they have a company-wide intelligent enterprise system, while 57 percent report having a vision in place for some level of Internet of Things expansion.
- BNDES Allots Large Investment to Internet of Things Projects in Brazil
Through funds for innovation, the bank intends to finance projects in areas defined by the country's IoT Action Plan in the next three years.
- Companies Trialing Zebra Technologies' IoT Savanna Platform
Reflexis is among five partners selected by Zebra to launch trials of a new Internet of Things edge-based platform designed to make RFID and other sensor-based deployments easy to install and integrate, with low security risk.
- Polish Post Completes RFID Testing at Distribution Center
ProxiGroup's UHF RFID system may next be installed across all distribution sites, in order to make parcel shipping more efficient, as well as boost customer satisfaction.
- CPqD to Integrate Dojot Platform into Brazil's Public Network
An agreement with WND, involving connectivity with Sigfox technology, aims to accelerate the development of Internet of Things solutions in that country.
- Smart Cooler Helps Companies Sell More
Embraco has created an Internet of Things-based platform to help customers market more drinks and food at the point of sale.
- Tenna Brings IoT, RFID to Industrial Asset Tracking
The company, formerly known as BuildSourced, aims to provide a single platform for all asset tracking on civil construction or other sites, to manage everything from a screwdriver to a crane, as well as personnel.
- Brazilian Government Announces Internet of Things Study
Federal authorities presented a report on the country's IoT Action Plan during a telecommunications event in São Paulo.