- Managing Surgical Instruments
RFID can improve patient safety and deliver cost savings to hospitals.
- Hard vs. Soft Benefits
RFID health-care solutions can improve many operations and processes, but not all the gains will impact a hospital's bottom line.
- Creating a Faster ROI for RFID
A commercial tagging company can ensure that the most labor-intensive element of an RFID deployment is completed on time and on budget.
- RFID Replenishment Solutions for Medical Supplies
Here's how to develop a business case for tracking high-value or low-cost items in hospitals.
- The Obvious—and Hidden—Benefits of RFID Hand-Hygiene Solutions
They can reduce HAIs and save hospitals millions of dollars.
- An RTLS Self-Exam
Hospitals that ask the right questions can make a smart decision when choosing a real-time location system.
- Hospitals Embrace Passive Applications
Health-care managers pave their own path to RFID adoption.
- 'RFID Buzz' Is a Double-Edged Sword
Hospitals need to curtail their excitement about the technology's benefits and cure one problem at a time.
- Improving Food Safety and Quality In China
A platform that uses Internet of Things technologies can be used to monitor the country's food supply.
- Wearable RFID Tags
Antennas must be lightweight, low-cost and powerful enough to support sensors in health-care applications.
- Next-Generation EPCIS
Planned enhancements to the EPC Information Services standard will improve traceability for nonserialized items and transformation processes.
- A New Approach to Pharmaceutical E-Pedigrees
EPCIS can support chain-of-custody verification—without a cumbersome data burden.
- Toward a Zero-Injury Workplace
Real-time safety solutions protect employees in dangerous industries.
- Securing Small Shipments
An RFID e-seal designed for ammunition, file or medical boxes can monitor for tampering.
- RFID Can Simplify Maintenance of Patient-Monitoring Devices
If medical equipment manufacturers integrate dual-interface RFID chips into the devices they make, hospitals could use the technology to communicate with those devices, access maintenance records and alerts, and upgrade software.