- Activa-ID Launches 'IoT Place' Project
With this initiative, the company seeks to encourage the use of new technologies aimed at the Internet of Things, automation and interactivity.
- D-Link, Afero Sign Partnership to Offer IoT Security in Brazil
The agreement aims to extend security for automation products connected to D-Link's platform developed for corporate and domestic use.
- Windshield and Mirror Company Gains Evacuation Visibility With RFID
Ficomirrors is using an RFID-based evacuation system from Smart Technology Group at its Polish facility to better manage the locations of its workers in the event of an emergency.
- Turck Buys Smartphone-based RFID Company U Grok It
The industrial technology firm aims for low-cost app-enabled handhelds with its RFID company acquisition.
- RFID News Roundup
Avery Dennison RFID announces partnership with Target ••• Alien Technology, SOTI add automation, orchestration capabilities to Android RFID handhelds ••• Linxens Group acquires Smartrac's Secure ID & Transactions business ••• Mist offers BLE platform for scalable, standards-based asset visibility ••• Senseon expands cabinet-locking system for jewelers, boutiques, consumer electronics ••• Urbanest Darling Square deploys ASSA ABLOY Hospitality door lock solutions ••• Identiv announces high-security, high-frequency physical access cards.
- RFID Helps Automate Paper Products Manufacturing
WEPA is using technology from Vilant Systems, as well as RFID-enabled cardboard reel cores, to identify each jumbo reel of paper used to make toilet paper, paper towels and other products.
- Density Sees Health-Care Applications for its Foot-Traffic Sensors
The San Francisco startup says that the data it provides could be used, for example, to determine which nearby hospital is the least busy before deciding where to bring a patient.
- Wireless Sensors Help Ye Ol' Geezer Stay Cool
The Utah butcher shop is using Monnit hardware to monitor its coolers and freezers, and make sure they are always operating correctly.
- RFID News Roundup
Impinj launches RAIN RFID retail solutions with Detego, InMotion and Nedap ••• SML upgrades Clarity retail inventory-management software ••• Vizinex RFID releases Sentry Slim Skinnie tag ••• MEPS Real-Time updates system for pharmacy automation, inventory management ••• Giant Eagle tests Powershelf out-of-stock sensors as part of food-industry study ••• Sensoro deploys 110,000-beacon network in China.
- German Manufacturer Links Workers to Parts and Stations Via RFID, Bluetooth
Bosch Rexroth developed the solution to improve efficiency and accuracy at its own hydraulic valve assembly facility, and is marketing the system for use by other manufacturers as well.
- Camera Robot Tracks Its Moving Pictures Via RFID
Move 'N See is using ultra-wideband technology from DecaWave as part of its indoor positioning and robotics solution, Pixio, enabling the automatic filming of moving athletes or other individuals.
- RFID Tracks Radioactive Materials Used by Oil Services Providers to Explore New Well Sites
The system, developed by Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, is being tested by Baker Hughes to monitor the location and usage of such materials.
- RFID Carves Out a Place in Woodworking Industry
Woodworking factory equipment companies are highlighting how RFID technology can be used for tracking inventory and work-in-progress, as well for other purposes, to improve efficiency and enable the quick production of made-to-order furniture.
- Dolphin RFID Solutions Manage Vehicle Parking, Identify Missing Car Parts
The new solutions are designed for tracking the locations of vehicles at manufacturing sites or parking lots, and for preventing the theft of parts from rental cars.
- RFMicron Releases New Passive UHF Chips With Moisture, Temperature, Pressure Sensors
The chip maker says its chips can enable companies to inexpensively monitor for moisture in everything from car interiors to drywall and diapers.