- Smart Home: Top-Notch Technologies
A growing number of houses contain systems designed to make life easier and more comfortable, thanks to the Internet of Things.
- Leveraging IoT Technologies to Understand Customers
Service-oriented enterprises and organizations have been slow to adopt Internet of Things technologies. Here is why they should take a closer look.
- Taking the LEAP
Information technology is critical to the future of manufacturing. The EU LinkedDesign project aims to help manufacturers harness and use information.
- Why RFID Is the Only Viable Path for Life-Saving Smart Gun Technology
Radio frequency identification offers the only feasible commercial approach to reducing the plague of gun violence in the United States.
- Databases for Small RFID Projects
Consider three types of data for your RFID application.
- How to Conquer Fear of "Things" in "Internet of Things"
Start by addressing misconceptions about what it is and what it can—and cannot—do.
- Commercial Behavior of an Emerging Technology (RFID) in a Secondary Emerging Market
The vision and socio-economic culture of emerging markets play a very important role in RFID's adoption as an alternative technology in the evolution of businesses.
- IoT Platform Solutions: Giving Business a Digital Voice
The use of passive sensors, including RFID tags, will play a critical role as companies transition to the digital business era, but adopters are faced with a range of choices.
- TuntoID—A New Approach for Passive UHF RFID Sensing
There is sufficient bandwidth in an EPC Gen 2 UHF backscatter link to enable the reading of a low-power analog sensor—resulting in an RFID sensor tag with a long read range.
- The IoT Will Kill the Sales Funnel
The rise of intelligent machines, the move toward subscription-based services and the growth of the sharing economy are all conspiring to impact the way companies sell products. Here's why that is a good thing.
- Big RFID Data Software
End users and solution providers must work together to realize business value from massive amounts of information.
- Pretesting Software Speeds Deployments
Before you go live with an RFID system, make sure your field and enterprise software are working the way they should.
- Hospitals Embrace Passive Applications
Health-care managers pave their own path to RFID adoption.
- Teamwork Overcomes Challenges
Operations and IT departments must work together to develop a detailed blueprint for deploying RFID.
- An Interview With Geoffrey Moore
The expert on the technology adoption life cycle speaks with Bob Morris about radio frequency identification and its struggles to achieve mass adoption.