- Store Reduces Checkout Time by 80 Percent
The Mari Semi Joias Group has also managed to reduce overtime costs and inventory control, thanks to a solution from RFID Moura.
- Piticas Reduces Inventory Counts from Five Hours to Six Minutes
The network of stores and kiosks has adopted an RFID solution from Presence to increase business efficiency at its 330 stores throughout Brazil.
- NFC Payment Solution Links NXP Technology With Visa, Mastercard
The technology company has joined the two finance firms to offer a single service for device manufacturers to provide contactless payment functions in their products, ranging from wristbands and jewelry to mobile devices.
- New Label Changes Displayed Price Data With Power from RFID
Powercast's new Batteryless Electronic UHF Retail Price Tag receives pricing information from an RFID interrogator, while also harvesting the RF energy, then uses that energy to change the price accordingly on its display.
- Pinnpoint, Smartrac Team Up With Lexmark for RFID Printing
The resultant on-demand printing solutions allow shippers to automatically view the status of returned goods via RFID tag reads, enabling the growing reverse logistics model for online shopping.
- Brazilian Retail Chain Reduces Overtime Costs
Lojas Ki Barato's use of RFID has improved inventory control, decreased expenses and increased employee efficiency.
- Hotels, Retailers, Offices Piloting Technology Once Aimed at Health Care
CenTrak has expanded its RTLS and BLE solutions to companies beyond its traditional health-care market, as its partners from hospitality to retail are asking to employ the BLE and other functionalities built into its systems.
- Startup Offers Low-Cost RFID System That Can Be Self-Installed
The boxed solution, from RFRain, comes with low-cost readers and antennas, networked to a gateway running filtering and management firmware that can then forward data to a cloud-based server, all within a few hours after the box is opened.
- RFID News Roundup
TrackX Holdings, Impinj partner on enterprise asset-management solutions ••• Zigbee Alliance selected for smart-meter rollout to every home in Great Britain ••• Waltonchain chooses Silictec RFID chips for IoT ••• Dell Technologies, Microsoft collaborate on IoT solutions ••• SML RFID to showcase its tags, software for retail ••• KeyMe wins multi-year agreement with Albertsons for RFID keys.
- Robot Employs RFID to Manage Warehouse Inventory
Fetch Robotics has built Sick RFID technology into its TagSurveyor robot, with which logistics providers and retailers can gain data about tagged inventory without requiring handheld or fixed readers.
- New RFID Reader Serves as All-Inclusive Point-of-Sale Device
Caen RFID's Hex reader is intended to enable retailers or other companies to accomplish functions such as selling a product without requiring additional computers, bar-code devices or power cables.
- RFID Ensures Proper Blending for Smoothies, Spreads and Soups
A new subscriber- or à la carte-based product called Blix employs HF RFID technology to identify and authenticate each cup of fruit, vegetables or other foods, and blends them according to a recipe setting stored on a tag.
- Retailers Discuss the Benefits of RFID
Representatives from Lids, Stadium AB and Capgemini will participate in a panel hosted by SML at RFID Journal LIVE! 2018.
- Study Finds Value for RFID in Visual Merchandising
Seeking to learn how RFID can benefit retailers beyond inventory management and store shelf replenishment, the University of Parma has released the results of a study that used RFID to investigate how well merchandise performed in specific store display areas.
- Japanese Auto-Checkout Piloting Expands
Efforts to provide 100 billion RFID-tagged products are expanding from convenience stores to drug stores, while RFID technology companies such as Impinj are announcing their support.