- Mexican Soccer Fans Access, Share Team Content via Bluetooth Low Energy Solution
Club Necaxa, and the Estadio Victoria stadium where the team plays, are sharing content, as well as offering promotions and discounts from sponsors and local businesses, via a BLE-based solution from startup Be Free.
- Companies Trialing Zebra Technologies' IoT Savanna Platform
Reflexis is among five partners selected by Zebra to launch trials of a new Internet of Things edge-based platform designed to make RFID and other sensor-based deployments easy to install and integrate, with low security risk.
- Nordic Reader Series Promises Intelligence in Handheld and Fixed Devices
The EXA brings mobility in a smaller form factor, while the Sampo and AR readers feature fixed reads for gates, as well as for point-of-sale, area and shelf tag reads—in some cases, at twice the speed of previous models.
- Smart Cooler Helps Companies Sell More
Embraco has created an Internet of Things-based platform to help customers market more drinks and food at the point of sale.
- New Chip Features Privacy Function for European Retailers
Impinj's latest chip, the Monza R6-A, offers privacy controls and sustainability features.
- NFC Forum Incorporates Tags into Its Certification Program
The release of Apple's NFC-enabled iOS 11 platform is helping to drive the growth of NFC deployments that are making an NFC tag certification program important, the association says.
- Companies Trialing NFC With Workflow-Management Application
Flowfinity is offering Near Field Communication as part of its enterprise mobile application software, so that companies can more automatically collect data about their field staff and activities at sites worldwide.
- Mojix Merges With CXignited to Build Global Retail Solutions Presence
The newly combined entity will provide a wide array of RFID and Internet of Things solutions for retailers, brands and manufacturers.
- Australian Entertainment Company Expanding RFID-Enabled Kiosks
The Franchise Entertainment Group kiosks use HF RFID technology and a cellular connection with Canopy software from Banyan Hills Technology to manage approximately 1,300 kiosks at which movies are rented throughout Australia and New Zealand.
- Bon-Ton Boosts Shoe and Luggage Display Management With RFID
A UHF RFID system, provided by Zebra Technologies, has enabled the retailer to reduce its non-compliance of display items at 180 stores, from 20 percent down to almost none.
- Pop-up Experience Brings RFID Solution to Stores
The system, from The Lion'esque Group spinoff Field Test, tracks the movement of customer traffic and enables shoppers to create wish lists of products they see in a temporary environment.
- Expo Visitors Gain Vision of Ray-Ban Products With Smart Table
The interactive table and touch screen employ LF RFID technology to allow users to place a pair of glasses on a pedestal and view content about them, such as videos and images.
- Researchers Seek Challenging Sites for Multibeam Antenna Pilot
The Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits has developed an antenna with four elements and nine different beams fed to those elements that can detect the precise location and direction of tags in challenging environments.
- RFID Journal's Mark Roberti to Present Retail Omnichannel Strategies at Latam Retail Show
The company's founder and editor will speak on Aug. 30 about how radio frequency identification can benefit the retail sector.
- NFC Enables Band to Engage With Fans Who Buy Their Merchandise
The group Airspoken is among a handful of musical performers using Near Field Communication technology from Innercell to provide content to those who buy their T-shirts or other products at concerts.