- Zebra Unveils RFID Label Maker
The company has introduced a new product that can embed an RFID transponder in a label while printing and applying the label.
- New RFID Tag with More Memory
Maxell is introducing a series of RFID tags, aimed at the medical and pharmaceutical industries, that have 1, 2 and 4 kilobytes of memory.
- ABI: RFID Market Poised for Growth
The market research firm predicts that the global RFID market will reach $3.1 billion by 2008.
- Second Source of Class 1 EPC Chips
A partnership between Alien Technology and STMicro will create a new source of Class 1 EPC tags, including a version designed for use outside of the US.
- Flint Sets Up Conductive Ink Unit
The new division will develop printed RFID antennas, smart packaging and printed electronics.
- GSI to Produce Thin-Film Batteries
Printed batteries that can power low-cost active RFID labels will likely hit the market next year.
- RFID Tags for Monitoring Shelf Life
A startup is testing RFID time temperature integrators that monitor the status of perishables in real time.
- Wal-Mart CIO to Speak on RFID
Linda Dillman will talk about Wal-Mart's RFID efforts at Retail Systems2003/VICS Collaborative Commerce conference next month.
- Thin-Film Battery for RFID Sensors
Infinite Power Solutions has begun producing rechargeable batteries that could be used for smart active labels and RFID sensors.
- YFY Pilots RFID Inventory System
Yuen Foong Yu Paper Manufacturing Co., the largest paper producer in Greater China, is launching a pilot that will use RFID to track boxes internally.
- RFID Tracks Drug Trial Compliance
New packaging from Information Mediary can record when people take their medicine and communicate that via RFID.
- 1-Cent RFID Tags for Supermarkets
Inkode is partnering to develop supermarket applications for its low-cost chipless RFID tags.
- New Smart and Secure RFID Labels
French smart card developer ASK is offering flexible smart labels based on its smart card technology.
- Two Days at the Alien Academy
RFID Journal Editor Mark Roberti recently attended Alien Technology's RFID course. Here's his report.
- Alien Ponders Second RFID Plant
Alien Technology, a startup making low-cost RFID tags, is considering building a second production facility in North Dakota.