- Window and Door Company Doubles Output via RFID
Idealcombi has reduced the time required to produce a custom window or door down to about one minute, using EPC Gen 2 passive UHF tags to automatically adjust the settings on its manufacturing equipment.
- RFID Journal Presents RFID in High Tech
The company's inaugural event focused on the technology sector will educate attendees about how radio frequency identification is being used within the high-tech industry.
- Honeywell Sees Its Optimus 5900 Reader as the First in a Series of RFID Products
The diversified technology manufacturer is now shipping the recently launched UHF handheld interrogator to customers, focusing on the retail market for item-level tracking.
- An E.Leclerc Supermarket Automates Its Pricing
The store has installed thousands of Altierre's electronic shelf labels, enabling it to instantly change the prices of goods, via RFID readers.
- University of Arkansas' New RFID Research Center Parallels Growth of RFID Industry
Officials unveiled plans for the new 20,000-square-foot space, which will include a simulated supply chain, from factory to home.
- Impinj Releases RFID Store Performance Simulator
The new tool could help retailers gain insights into how RFID technology could impact inventory management and store profitability.
- CentrObuv Finds RFID a Good Fit for Shoes
The Russian footwear retailer is using an item-level RFID system from Avery Dennison to track inventory, sales and security at one of its Moscow stores, and at a corresponding distribution center.
- Stanley Healthcare Solutions Acquires Wi-Fi-based RTLS Company AeroScout
With the acquisition, Stanley plans to add real-time location system functionality to future versions of its patient- and asset-tracking solutions for health-care and industrial environments.
- Mojix Announces Availability of Its Next-Generation RFID System
The Mojix STAR 3000 offers cloud-based applications, industry-specific solutions, smartphone compatibly and improved performance, the company reports.
- Registration Now Open for Two RFID Journal LIVE! Europe Events
For the first time, RFID Journal will host two European conferences—one in Norway and the other in the United Kingdom.
- RFID Helps Morgan Thermal Ceramics Save Labor
The company has increased efficiency at its Mexico City plant, using EPC UHF passive tags and readers to track raw materials, as well as finished insulation products, prior to shipping.
- RFID Captures Each Time Guests Throw in the Towel
A passive UHF RFID system from Towel Tracker enables health clubs, hotels and other businesses to track towels or other objects borrowed and returned, thereby reducing the loss of those items.
- Naval Surface Warfare Center Demos RFID Tool-Tracking Solution for Combat Ships
The system uses EPC Gen 2 UHF tags and readers to identify items loaded onboard, in cabinets stored within steel containers, enabling the U.S. Navy to reduce inventory-tracking time from 32 hours to two minutes.
- Intermec Simplifies Printer Configuration Via RFID
The company's new thermal printer models are available with built-in chips enabling buyers to configure the devices through the box before they are powered on, using an RFID reader and Intermec software.
- Navizon's Cloud-based RTLS Service Tracks Wi-Fi Tags, Devices
The company's I.T.S. solution is designed to help users monitor the locations of people and assets indoors, via nodes that read Wi-Fi transmissions from smartphones, laptops and RFID tags.