- Promedon Boosts Efficiency and Accuracy of Surgical Supply Shipments
The maker of surgical implants and prostheses is employing EPC passive UHF RFID tags and readers to streamline the tracking of outgoing and incoming orders for hospitals.
- RFID Helps Stowers Institute Researchers Shop for Supplies
Terso Solutions' Smart Stockroom enables scientists to purchase tools and chemicals kept within a storage room, and to automatically bill the goods to a specific grant.
- Motorola Updates Its 9000 Series Handheld Reader
Compared with its predecessor, the new MC9190-Z industrial handheld features a faster processor and more memory, as well as a larger screen and additional keyboard options.
- Canadian Leather Retailer Pilots RFID for Replenishment Visibility
Danier Leather is testing a Truecount UHF Gen 2 system at three of its stores to track when goods are received on the sales floor, as well as when they are sold, and to automatically alert employees when an item needs to be replenished.
- Burlington Medical Supplies Adds RFID Tags to Its X-ray Aprons
Passive EPC UHF tags allow users to track the locations and inspection histories of the protective garments used by hospital staff.
- RTLS to Aid Geisinger's Hospitals in Tracking Assets
The Pennsylvania organization's two largest facilities are installing TeleTracking Technologies software and CenTrak hardware to help staff more easily locate equipment, as well as reduce logistics and inventory costs.
- Shands Cuts Equipment Search Time by 98 Percent
The University of Florida hospital is now testing a temperature-tracking solution after installing AeroScout technology to track equipment at three facilities.
- Supervalu Manages Trailer Yard Via RFID
PINC Solutions' Yard Hound system enables the company to view its trailers' locations throughout the yard, based on location data captured by truck-mounted readers.
- Large Spanish Hospital Adopts RFID to Manage Patients, Assets
University Hospital of Valencia (La Fe) is using ZigBee-based RFID tags and readers to help improve the efficiency and quality of patient care, as well as reduce the risk of errors.
- Lebanese Bank Tracks Assets at 50+ Branches Via RFID
Banque Libano-Francaise is using a UHF EPC Gen 2 solution from ASAP Systems to manage inventory at all of its branches.
- Marlin Steel Introduces RFID-Enabled Baskets to Aid Manufacturing
The system is designed to increase visibility in the assembly process, to track components' locations and to ensure that a company has the correct quantity of parts on hand.
- Banner Engineering Adds Photoelectric Sensor to Wireless Product Line
The company's Q45 sensor and SureCross gateway enable users to have machinery automatically start or stop, based on what the sensor detects, or to facilitate supply replenishment.
- Tufts Medical Center Saved $1.5 Million With RFID
The hospital's cloud-based inventory-management system has reduced inventory and purchasing costs by providing better data about items consumed within its procedure rooms.
- California Sporting Goods Retailer Gains Visibility With RFID
Mammoth Outdoor Sports uses the technology to merge its Internet and retail store inventories, and to gain a daily report regarding which products are at its warehouse and stores, or at exhibitions.
- Massachusetts General Expands RFID System for Inventory Management
The hospital plans to install additional RFID-enabled cabinets after the system has achieved a significant ROI in interventional radiology.