- Retail Reload, Mainetti Partner on Omnichannel and Big-Data Solutions
The two companies are offering retailers a solution that tracks data about goods in stores beyond inventory management, either with QR codes or using handheld or fixed RFID readers.
- Singapore Airport, Airlines Piloting Handheld RFID Reader
Koamtac's UHF RFID module can be attached to a barcode scanner or stand alone as a Bluetooth-connected device with a mobile phone that can be charged, along with the phone, on a single charging device.
- RFID Brings Intelligence to Texas Warehouse Roll-Up Doors
The high-speed doors were opening inadvertently to allow forklift drivers access to freezers and coolers, so the retailer operating that warehouse acquired a battery-assisted passive RFID solution from TagMaster to pinpoint a forklift's location, confirm a driver's authorization to enter, prompt the subsequent door opening and store the related data.
- Authentic Feet Manages Nike Stock via RFID
The sports shoe manufacturer ships products with radio frequency identification tags already attached, which has automated 60 percent of the store's inventory management.
- Lacoste Creates High-Tech RFID Showroom
The company uses RFID to locate goods, as well as prevent unauthorized exits and product misplacements, in its new Le Club store concept.
- Paper Mill Optimizes Manufacturing and Stock Control
By deploying an RFID system from iTag, a papermaking firm has reduced the need for manual operations and has sped up its processes.
- RFID Zones Enable Automated Tracking Solution for Warehouse
Asset Recovery Specialists is monitoring the movements of hundreds of pieces of equipment in its San Diego warehouse with an RFID system that detects the zone in which tagged items were last detected, thereby increasing productivity by 30 percent.
- Fashion Retailer Leverages Virtual Shielding to Overcome Stray RFID Reads
Superdry has launched a solution from Nedap that employs the technology company's virtual shielding to prevent spill-over tag reads that had been affecting read accuracy in the retailer's previous solution.
- RFID Brings Gains to Small Apparel Brand
Southern Fried Cotton, which opted to leverage a technology more commonly deployed by big companies, has brought its customer chargeback rate down by 98.8 percent, increased its warehouse efficiency and achieved an ROI within less than a year.
- Retailer Rolls Out RFID Across 1,000 Stores This Year
The Foschini Group has committed to deploying RFID technology across its brands throughout South Africa and beyond, beginning with its Markham menswear brand, in order to bring inventory accuracy above 95 percent.
- Brazilian Retailer Manages Merchandise Movement
RFID allows the managers of Lojao do Bras to monitor merchandise movements and make quick business decisions.
- Sensormatic Releases SaaS Loss-Prevention and Inventory-Management System
The company's RFID- and BLE-based TrueVUE solution is designed to offer a low cost of entry for retailers looking to use RFID to track stock and capture shrinkage data in order to improve inventory accuracy.
- Adler Modemarkte Rolls Out RFID Robot Across 45 Stores
After several years of piloting the technology to prove it can bring automated inventory visibility to its stores, the fashion retailer is expanding MetraLabs' TORY robotic technology this summer, with plans to equip all 175 shops by 2021.
- Inventory Accuracy: The Key to Retail Success
At RetailX, speakers explained why having real-time control of what's in stock depends on technology and how this can create competitive winners in business.
- New Retail Kiosk Enables RFID-based Sales
Stora Enso's Intelligent Cabinet features an RFID reader and an antenna to capture the unique ID numbers of tagged goods, enabling un-manned sales for food, beverages or other consumer goods by retailers in such places as office buildings, malls and schools.