- U.K. Home Goods and Apparel Retailer Boosts Accuracy With RFID
Matalan has deployed RFID across all 220 stores to bring its inventory accuracy above 95 percent, helping to ensure that products are available for omnichannel sales.
- New RFID Shield Installs Like Wallpaper
Retailers can apply Avery Dennison's ShieldSense RFID Blocking Material to walls, barriers or other surfaces where stray RFID reads could occur, simply by peeling off the back and rolling it out.
- New Zebra Reader Promises Real-Time RFID Data Capture
The company's ATR7000 overhead reader provides real-time location data for retailers and warehouses using UHF RFID tags on assets, inventory and personnel, while a hybrid solution with an optical camera and an RFID reader tracks space usage as trailers or containers are packed.
- Mammut Uses NFC to Engage Customers
The European climbing and outdoor recreation retailer is using an NFC system from Smartrac Technology Group to track inventory through the supply chain, and to engage with shoppers long after they make their purchases.
- RTLS Reader from RF Controls Features Steerable Array Antenna
RF Controls has released a new passive UHF RFID reader that captures real-time location data; the firm is partnering with Confidex to offer reader and tag solutions for warehouses and other industrial deployments.
- New On-Metal Tags Target Food, Beauty, Small Products
Avery Dennison is releasing two small, on-metal tags to enable brands and retailers to expand RFID tagging to include metal containers, liquids and metallic packaging for food, beverages and cosmetics.
- Simon AI Provides Turnkey IoT Solution With BLE
Kontakt.io's new offering is being piloted by companies in the Netherlands and Germany to track the movements of goods and people, as well as temperature conditions, employing cloud-based software.
- Myer Achieves Near-100 Percent Inventory Accuracy With RFID
Since deploying a solution from Checkpoint Systems, the Australian retail chain has reduced inventory count times, decreased shrinkage, and boosted sales at its stores and online.
- Blockchain Platform Leverages RFID Solution for Inventory Management
Citizens Reserve is providing its blockchain solution, enabled by Smartrac's Cosmos software, to the livestock and retail markets, so users can share data with other supply chain members and consumers to validate the conditions of animals and meat.
- Seafolly Brings Intelligence to Swimwear Management
The Australian retailer has completed a pilot to improve inventory management with RFID technology, as well as increasing visibility in the supply chain, using readers and magic mirrors from Solos.
- New Rugged Antenna Designed to Withstand the Harshest Environments
FEIG Electronics has released a UHF RFID antenna capable of surviving the worst weather and harshest conditions, such as suspended over winter highways or on airport concourses—or even when collided into in port storage yards.
- Sales Up 3 Percent in Voice Norge RFID Pilot
The retailer has deployed an RFID solution from Nedap across its 200 Nordic stores, enabling it to display in-store products to online shoppers, thereby making both online and physical shopping easier and more efficient.
- Superdry to Present Retail RFID Case Study
At this year's RFID Journal LIVE! event, James Eastwood, the company's implementation manager, will explain how RFID helped the fashion retailer to improve inventory accuracy and product availability.
- South African Safari Retailer Boosts Stock Accuracy With RFID
The solution, provided by Milestone Integrated Systems and using Keonn technology, enables the company's stores to track inventory via RFID paper labels and hard tags as goods move around the sales floor, as well as when they are purchased and removed from the premises.
- Zebra Introduces Two New Handheld RFID Readers
The company's MC3330R and MC3390R mobile computers are loaded with features and are designed to cover most common business applications.