- RFID Module Brings Autonomy to Reader Installations
JADAK's ThingMagic EL6e UHF reader module is designed with a built-in processor and antenna—or a port for an external antenna—and is aimed to make deployments faster, with standalone functionality, without requiring a software developers kit.
- RFID Technology Companies Team for Product Development
Global RF and satellite product manufacturer MTI is teaming with California startup SensThys to provide RFID solutions using products built at MTI's facilities with hardware from both companies.
- Finalists Unveiled for 13th Annual RFID Journal Awards
RFID Journal has announced the finalists for its 2019 awards. The winners will be revealed at this year's LIVE! event, being held in Phoenix, Ariz., on Apr. 2-4.
- MIT Media Labs Creates Highly Precise UHF RFID for Robotics
The TurboTrack system employs a standard tag and interrogator, as well as a "helper" antenna device that pulses short signals to pinpoint the locations of even fast-moving tags at the sub-centimeter level.
- Aurora Plastics to Present at RFID Journal LIVE! 2019
The manufacturer will present a case study revealing how it is preventing errors using RFID technology.
- UHF RFID Solution for Laboratory Animals Aims to Boost Productivity, Accuracy
Using Somark Innovation's SensaLab solution, laboratories can read and write data from and to an ultra-small UHF RFID tag embedded in the base of an animal's tail, without requiring technicians to remove the animal from its cage or handle it.
- New Rugged Antenna Designed to Withstand the Harshest Environments
FEIG Electronics has released a UHF RFID antenna capable of surviving the worst weather and harshest conditions, such as suspended over winter highways or on airport concourses—or even when collided into in port storage yards.
- Avery Dennison to Be 2019 Signature Sponsor for RFID Journal LIVE! and LIVE! Retail @ RetailX
The company will sponsor RFID Journal's 17th annual conference and exhibition, to be held on Apr. 2-4 in Phoenix, as well as the LIVE! Retail @ RetailX event, slated for June 25-27 in Chicago.
- Smartrac, Partners Aim for Green Tags
The Green Tag Program offers green certification to UHF and NFC tags sold by Smartrac that omit heavy metals, adhesives and chemical etching processes as tags are increasingly being applied to products and packaging that might be recycled.
- RFID News Roundup
SML RFID featured in European EPC Competence Center RFID transponder study ••• A2B Tracking announces software support for fixed RFID gateways ••• Smartrac Technology Group unveils tiny NFC transponder ••• Infinite Peripherals adds RFID-based security to health-care mobile device ••• Sigfox releases radio protocol specs for connected objects ••• Bosch Sensortec launches ideation community to foster IoT applications.
- Carvana to Speak at RFID Journal LIVE! 2019
Jonathon McCutcheon, the online car retailer's director of supply chain product, will explain how the company is using RFID to manage the locations and statuses of tens of thousands of used vehicles as they are received, inspected, processed and delivered to hubs and then to customers.
- FastChecker Evaluates UHF Tag Performance
Developed in Brazil, the solution is designed to help professionals create high-quality RFID projects.
- Electronic Components Firm Releases NFC-enabled Wireless Charging System for Cars
ROHM's Qi-based wireless charging solution for car manufacturers will come with NFC reader technology from STMicroelectronics, to identify and protect NFC cards or other devices from destructive charging transmissions, while allowing pairing or security functionality with NFC-enabled phones.
- RFID Journal LIVE! 2019 to Feature IoT, AIM and International China Pavilions
The 17th annual conference and exhibition will highlight leading companies' radio frequency identification deployments and demonstrate the latest technology solutions.
- Footwear Moves Toward Traceability in Brazil
Tests of RFID usage are currently under way in that nation, with the support of Ceitec and several recognized brands in the footwear sector.