- RFID Secures Printing Process in Public Spaces
ThinPrint's ezeep system allows users in co-working spaces, libraries or schools to launch a printing function from their laptop or other device, then go to any ezeep printer, tap an RFID card against a reader and prompt their personal document to be printed.
- Adidas, Stadium AB Among Leading Retailers to Present Case Studies at RFID Journal LIVE! Europe 2018
The event, to be held in London on 7 Nov., will highlight leading companies' radio frequency identification deployments in the region, as well as demonstrate the latest technology solutions.
- Atlanta Seeks IoT Innovators for Agtech Solutions
The IoT.ATL AgTech Challenge is accepting applications from Internet of Things and agriculture technology startups for a 12-month project to address food shortages and costs in urban areas.
- Daimler to Present Keynote Address at RFID Journal LIVE! Europe 2018
The event, to be held in London on Nov. 7 (with a day of testing on Nov. 6), will highlight leading companies' radio frequency identification deployments in the region, and demonstrate the latest technology solutions.
- Fast-Track RFID Certification Training to Be Featured at RFID Journal LIVE! Europe 2018
RFID4U will offer intensive, one-day RFID certification training at RFID Journal's 14th annual European conference, to be held in London on Nov. 7 (with a day of training on Nov. 6).
- RFID Controls Headache Pain Treatment
ElectroCore has developed an RFID-based method to control the dispensing of vagus nerve stimulation treatment to help those with cluster headaches or migraines relieve their pain.
- Steam Trap Sensor Provides Active RFID Without Battery
PsiKick's new self-powering sensors harvest energy from steam, vibration or ambient lighting to capture sensor data, then transmit that information to a cloud-based server for real-time and historical analytics regarding the operation of equipment.
- RFID News Roundup
NedCard intros RFID SMD package with NXP ICs for industrial applications ••• Decawave, Runtime announce support for open-source RTLS ••• Q-Free, Silicon Labs partner on IoT solution to alleviate urban traffic ••• IoTize wins NFC Forum innovation award ••• Industrial Internet Consortium, Fira Barcelona partner on Spanish IoT event ••• IoT company Teslonix, chip maker Farsens sign business collaboration agreement.
- IoT Brings Pool, Irrigation, Lighting Data to Homeowner Association
San Diego's West Park Maintenance district is trialing the Common Sense system from Three Phase Electric for one year, to determine the value of capturing sensor data wirelessly and receiving alerts, as well as analytical data on a dashboard.
- SensThys Releases $49 RFID Antenna
The new product is part of the company's effort to drive down the cost and complexity of RFID installations, which also includes the acquisition of IoT software company Dígame Systems, enabling software development to aid in that effort.
- RFID Brings Flexibility to Race-Timing Company
Entry App, a U.K.-based timing service for triathlons and other races, has deployed a system leveraging Portable Technology Solutions' ClearStream middleware to capture automated data regarding the movements of race participants until they cross the finish line.
- Brazilian Post Office Expects to Consume 461 Million RFID Tags by 2021
The RFID postal modernization project, initiated in Brazil with the support of a specialized agency of the United Nations, foresees the mass use of RFID by 2020.
- Registration Open for RFID in Aerospace and Defense 2018
The one-day conference, being held in Arlington, Va., on Dec. 12, will feature fast-track RFID training on Dec. 11, prior to the event's opening.
- RFID Tracks Bats at Tel Aviv University Cave Entrance
Researchers at The Bat Lab for Neuro-Ecology are employing UHF RFID technology from Readbee to understand the movements of bats as they enter and leave their colony.
- GS1 Brazil Launches Course on Industry 4.0
Presented in partnership with Inova Business School, the Master 4th Industrial Revolution and Emerging Technologies course is now open for registration.