- RFMicron Now Axzon as Part of Company's Rebranding Efforts
The company's new trade name is intended to reflect its growing focus on wireless sensing products and solutions that measure and transmit sensor data without requiring batteries.
- Feig Electronics Buys Panmobil to Provide Handheld, Wearable Technology
The acquisition will broaden Feig's product offerings beyond fixed RFID readers to products Panmobil has been selling and developing, such as handheld readers and wearable devices.
- RFID Journal Announces Winners of Its 12th Annual RFID Journal Awards
General Motors, VISA, Ternium and HID Global are among the 2018 winners, which were announced last week at the 16th annual RFID Journal LIVE! conference, held in Orlando.
- Digital Twins Bring Value to Big RFID and IoT Data
PACCAR is using a digital twin model to manage the maintenance and repair of some engines, by creating a virtual version of an engine based on sensor data from the real-world versions.
- Internet of Things Technology Tracks Pets in Airports
Unisys has released an app- and IoT-based solution that enables passengers to keep an eye on their pets before and after a flight, by viewing their location and the conditions around them, as well as watching the animals on video via wireless sensor technology.
- Thousands of Survivalists Compete With Help from RFID
The Bear Grylls Survival Challenge is leveraging a UHF RFID-based solution from SweatWorks to track the progress of participants as they make their way down post-apocalyptic highways, over mine fields and across infested swamps.
- Retailers Discuss the Benefits of RFID
Representatives from Lids, Stadium AB and Capgemini will participate in a panel hosted by SML at RFID Journal LIVE! 2018.
- RFID-enabled Tooth Transmits Sensor Data About Diet
The Tufts University development has led to a sensor tag with a layer that swells according to the presence of chemicals or nutrients, affecting the quality of the RF transmission so that users could track what they ingest and the health effect it has on them.
- Heathrow Evaluates RFID Baggage Cart Tracking Test
The three-month project consisted of a UHF RFID solution from Vero Solutions, using the technology company's software and Impinj readers to track when baggage carts enter and depart a baggage claim area, to make cart management more visible.
- RFID Journal LIVE! Retail to Co-locate With IRCE, GlobalShop Under New RetailX Concept in 2019
The combined event will bring leading designers, innovators, technologies, manufacturers and e-commerce together at one fully integrated retail event.
- Moscow Boosts Public Vehicle Efficiency With Internet of Things Technology
The Department of Information Technologies' IoT system is tracking the locations and status of 22,000 vehicles throughout the Russian city, to automate dispatching and thereby reduce fuel overconsumption; next, it plans to examine the possibility of tracking vehicle driver activity via wristbands or brain-wave sensors.
- Powershelf Adopts RFID With One-Penny Tag
The smart-shelf technology, from Compass Marketing, now features RFID readers built into the shelf labels and low-cost tags, proprietary to the system, with about a 3-foot read range.
- Synergy Develops RFID, IoT Technologies During Crisis Period in Brazil
The Brazilian company is launching innovative and international-class radio frequency identification equipment under its Identhis brand name.
- New Study Shows Strategy for Adopting Internet of Things
Gartner and T-Systems have concluded that companies must invest in IoT platforms based on a multi-vendor ecosystem and a variety of solutions.
- Finalists Unveiled for 12th Annual RFID Journal Awards
RFID Journal has announced the finalists for its 2018 awards. The winners will be revealed at this year's LIVE! event, being held in Orlando, Fla., on Apr. 10-12.