- Summerville Medical Center Boosts Hand-Hygiene Compliance
The HCA Healthcare facility has added hygiene-monitoring functionality to its RTLS solution from GE Healthcare, to track when and how often staff members wash their hands.
- Joint Health Clinic Aims to Boost Efficiency, Satisfaction Via RTLS
Joint Implant Surgeons of Florida is using a real-time location system provided by Solstice Medical and Ekahau to improve appointment scheduling and flow, enabling the clinic to serve patients with fewer delays.
- IntelligentM Wristband Monitors Hand Hygiene, Vibrates to Provide Staff Alerts
The system tracks when and how well staff members wash their hands, using RFID readers incorporated in wristbands, as well as passive tags attached to soap dispensers, medical materials and staff ID badges.
- Michigan's Memorial Healthcare Adopts Ekahau Wi-Fi Tags
The hospital is using the tags to enable personnel to request help or send an alert while working in the behavioral health unit, as well as track the temperatures of medicines and other perishables within its pharmacy.
- Brigham and Women's Hospital Tests NFC RFID for Patient Bedsides
An interdisciplinary project team is developing a solution for the electronic management of medication administration, with Near Field Communication passive tags attached to medications, patients' wristband and nurses' badges.
- Bassin de Thau Hospital to Expand RFID System for Tracking Patient Records
The French facility, which had been using handheld interrogators to record when files were checked out, will install fixed readers in the corridors connecting the facility's wings.
- Manila Hospital Slashes Infection Rate
The Medical City has seen a 48 percent reduction in infections in one year since installing an RTLS-based hand-washing compliance system.
- Microchip Markets RFID Technology that Transmits via the Human Body
The company says its BodyCom active tags and readers are more secure than RFID technology that transmits signals through the air, making it suitable for controlling access to cars, buildings, power tools, computers and firearms.
- Children's of Alabama Expands RTLS Deployment for Asset Tracking
Having deployed Versus' RTLS at its Benjamin Russell Hospital, Children's of Alabama is installing it within its older building, and plans to use it to manage nurse emergency calls and monitor hand hygiene.
- PointRF Adds Moisture-Sensing Diapers and Two-Way Tags to Its RFID Lineup
The new products are part of the NoWander solution, which enables a nursing facility to know where its patients are and if they have fallen, as well as analyze patient activity.
- RTLS Brings Efficiency to Dorset County Hospital
The U.K. facility has deployed Stanley Healthcare's AeroScout Wi-Fi-based real-time location system to enable software to pinpoint the location of assets.
- RFID News Roundup
U.K. retailer John Lewis trials ZBD's electronic signs, displays; Novadis unveils rubber-encased UHF tag for harsh environments; RF Technologies consolidates product offerings; Danish agency seeks tenders for auto-ID and tracking in hospitals; MasterCard announces contactless-payments gains in Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa.
- Christiana Care Health System to Adopt Awarepoint's New Bed and Bay Sensors
The new sensor, used in conjunction with Awarepoint's ZigBee-based real-time location system, is designed to precisely track assets, patients and clinicians in predefined spaces as small as 1 foot by 1 foot.
- Innovapaedics Develops RFID System for Tracking Surgical Implants, Tools
The company hopes to soon launch beta tests of its MedEx solution, which uses Xerafy passive UHF tags to record which items are utilized during medical procedures.
- GE Announces Plans to Develop RFID-Guided Robots for Managing Surgical Tools
Scientists at GE Global Research will spend two years developing a prototype system for VA hospitals, using RFID to help automate the process of transporting, cleaning and storing surgical tools.