- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Finds RTLS Provides Many Benefits
Since the hospital began operating in September, it has been using CenTrak real-time location system technology and Intelligent InSites software to find assets, prevent the spread of infections and locate patients for their families.
- Registration Now Open for RFID in Health Care 2013
RFID Journal's ninth annual event will focus on helping health-care providers understand how the technology can help them improve patient safety, hospital operations and supply chain efficiencies.
- DHL Thermonet Tracks Drugs and Life-Sciences Goods With RFID Temperature Tag
The solution, employing UHF RFID tags with built-in temperature sensors applied to containers, will enable DHL's customers to maintain a record of shipping temperatures, and receive an alert if an exception occurs.
- GuardRFID Launches School Security System
The solution, designed to be affordable, employs real-time location technology, including active 433 MHz RFID tags that staff and students can use to summon help.
- With Thousands of Paper Records to Manage, U.K. Hospital Gets Help From RFID
After adopting 6PM's iFIT solution, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust reduced the hours needed to retrieve and put away patient files by 80 percent.
- Idaho School Installs RTLS to Make Students Safer
Employees at Skyview High School wear Ekahau Wi-Fi badges that can be used to call for help in the event of a security threat or medical emergency, and also trigger a lockdown.
- Odette Cancer Centre Boosts Throughput Via RFID
The Toronto facility is using a solution from RFID Canada and Bykart Software to inform patients of wait times, direct them to their appointments and alert staff that a patient is awaiting services.
- Hospitals in Japan, China Seek to Save Lives Via Pocketsize Reader
The facilities are using a handheld, made by BayNexus, to read passive UHF and 2.4 GHz tags and bar codes, and thus ensure patients receive the right medications.
- At IEEE RFID Conference, Passive Tags Talk With Each Other, Contact Lenses Help Control Diabetes
The annual event, co-located with RFID Journal LIVE!, has led to technical education, networking and innovation among attendees and presenters.
- Gentag and AHC Debut NFC RFID Solution for North American Home Health Aides
The two companies are launching a product that includes a specially built cell phone and software that enables workers to chronicle their patient visits via system already in use the United Kingdom.
- Boeing, Hanmi Pharmaceutical, Impinj Among Winners of 2013 RFID Journal Awards
The winners for Best RFID Implementation, Most Innovative Use of RFID, Best Use of RFID to Enhance a Product or Service, Best in Show, Special Achievement and the RFID Green Award were announced today at the RFID Journal LIVE! conference.
- Summerville Medical Center Boosts Hand-Hygiene Compliance
The HCA Healthcare facility has added hygiene-monitoring functionality to its RTLS solution from GE Healthcare, to track when and how often staff members wash their hands.
- Joint Health Clinic Aims to Boost Efficiency, Satisfaction Via RTLS
Joint Implant Surgeons of Florida is using a real-time location system provided by Solstice Medical and Ekahau to improve appointment scheduling and flow, enabling the clinic to serve patients with fewer delays.
- IntelligentM Wristband Monitors Hand Hygiene, Vibrates to Provide Staff Alerts
The system tracks when and how well staff members wash their hands, using RFID readers incorporated in wristbands, as well as passive tags attached to soap dispensers, medical materials and staff ID badges.
- Michigan's Memorial Healthcare Adopts Ekahau Wi-Fi Tags
The hospital is using the tags to enable personnel to request help or send an alert while working in the behavioral health unit, as well as track the temperatures of medicines and other perishables within its pharmacy.