- Item Level RFID Initiative Focuses on Supplier Benefits
At a meeting held at NRF's Big Show, in New York, members received an update on retail initiatives and were briefed on the benefits that apparel suppliers can achieve.
- University of Arkansas Study Finds 60 Ways to Use RFID in Apparel Supply Chain
Researchers say the results prove their hypothesis that there are a multitude of ways that item-level RFID tracking can benefit garment suppliers.
- RFID Makes Common People an Uncommon Store
The Mexican retailer is using RFID to enhance the customer experience, and to provide suppliers with better inventory data.
- German Clothing Company s.Oliver Puts RFID to the Test
The retailer recently completed a trial involving the tagging of 12,000 items, to determine if the technology can provide an adequate ROI by preventing out-of-stocks.
- RFID Helps Speed Up Logistics for Serafini Shoes, San Giuliano Ferragamo Clothes
After installing EPC readers, LTC-Logistics—an Italian company that fulfills orders for fashion companies—has reduced the time needed to process received goods by 97 percent.
- Registration Now Open for RFID Journal LIVE! 2011
The RFID industry's biggest event, to be held on Apr. 12-14, in Orlando, Fla., will feature more than 50 case studies presented by leading end users, as well as solutions from more than 175 technology companies.
- Apparel Retailers Test RFID-enhanced EAS Hard Tags
Three clothing-store operators will use Retailers Advantage's Intelligent a3tag, which combines traditional electronic article surveillance technology with EPC Gen 2 RFID inlays, to track inventory and reduce shrinkage.
- Fly London Uses RFID to Manage Inventory, and Take Customers Around the World
At a retail store in Lisbon, Portugal, the company is avoiding out-of-stocks and sending shoppers on a virtual trip to London, New York and Tokyo, with the help of EPC RFID tags and readers.
- RFID Boosts Store Turnover by Nearly 10 Percent in Italian Pilot
A study conducted by the University of Parma's RFID Lab, working with a retailer, apparel suppliers and logistics providers in Italy, reveals significant benefits throughout the supply chain.
- Sales of EPC RFID Tags, ICs Reach Record Levels
A surge in item-level tagging by apparel retailers has meant a banner year for RFID tag and chip vendors such as Impinj and Alien Technology.
- American Apparel's RFID Guru Launches RFID Software Startup RFID_Software RFID_Services
The new company, Truecount, will provide software solutions offering functionality designed specifically to meet the needs of the retail industry.
- Digital In-Store Ad Network Works With RFID
Three California businesses will test the Novitaz Digital Ad Network, using battery-powered 433 MHz RFID loyalty cards to identify customers and provide promotional text messages offering discounts.
- Staff Jeans to Introduce RFID-enabled Customer Services
Already using EPC Gen 2 tags at the item level in its factories and DC, the Greek clothing company is expanding its use of the technology to offer garment information and shopping suggestions at its flagship store.
- RFID Helps Blind Workers Do Their Jobs
The system's developer says the RFID software designed for blind users is not only effective, it's an improvement on its original RFID software.
- Checkpoint Systems Creates RFID-centric 'Visibility' Division
The company has established a Merchandise Visibility Solutions division that will focus on swiftly providing comprehensive item-level RFID systems to retailers around the world, along with installation and maintenance services.