- Argo Wireless Creates Item-Level Solution for Small Businesses
Targeting small and midsize product manufacturers, the company has designed an all-inclusive solution that includes RFID tags, readers, software, middleware and services.
- RFID Journal Announces Live RFID-Enabled Supply Chain Demonstrations
Top technology companies will provide real-world supply chain demonstrations on the exhibit floor at the ninth annual RFID Journal LIVE! conference and exhibition.
- L.L. Bean Tries to Hike Sales With RFID
The apparel and outdoor gear retailer is testing an RFID system that can track when a shopper handles a hiking boot on display, thereby triggering a video screen to play informational media, while also measuring shopper interest.
- Checkpoint Systems Launches EPC Numbering Service
The firm's Open EPC Number Management Solution, a standalone option for apparel manufacturers and retailers, is designed to simplify the process of deploying item-level EPC Gen 2 UHF tags.
- Item Level RFID Initiative Focuses on Supplier Benefits
At a meeting held at NRF's Big Show, in New York, members received an update on retail initiatives and were briefed on the benefits that apparel suppliers can achieve.
- University of Arkansas Study Finds 60 Ways to Use RFID in Apparel Supply Chain
Researchers say the results prove their hypothesis that there are a multitude of ways that item-level RFID tracking can benefit garment suppliers.
- RFID Makes Common People an Uncommon Store
The Mexican retailer is using RFID to enhance the customer experience, and to provide suppliers with better inventory data.
- German Clothing Company s.Oliver Puts RFID to the Test
The retailer recently completed a trial involving the tagging of 12,000 items, to determine if the technology can provide an adequate ROI by preventing out-of-stocks.
- RFID Helps Speed Up Logistics for Serafini Shoes, San Giuliano Ferragamo Clothes
After installing EPC readers, LTC-Logistics—an Italian company that fulfills orders for fashion companies—has reduced the time needed to process received goods by 97 percent.
- Registration Now Open for RFID Journal LIVE! 2011
The RFID industry's biggest event, to be held on Apr. 12-14, in Orlando, Fla., will feature more than 50 case studies presented by leading end users, as well as solutions from more than 175 technology companies.
- Apparel Retailers Test RFID-enhanced EAS Hard Tags
Three clothing-store operators will use Retailers Advantage's Intelligent a3tag, which combines traditional electronic article surveillance technology with EPC Gen 2 RFID inlays, to track inventory and reduce shrinkage.
- Fly London Uses RFID to Manage Inventory, and Take Customers Around the World
At a retail store in Lisbon, Portugal, the company is avoiding out-of-stocks and sending shoppers on a virtual trip to London, New York and Tokyo, with the help of EPC RFID tags and readers.
- RFID Boosts Store Turnover by Nearly 10 Percent in Italian Pilot
A study conducted by the University of Parma's RFID Lab, working with a retailer, apparel suppliers and logistics providers in Italy, reveals significant benefits throughout the supply chain.
- Sales of EPC RFID Tags, ICs Reach Record Levels
A surge in item-level tagging by apparel retailers has meant a banner year for RFID tag and chip vendors such as Impinj and Alien Technology.
- American Apparel's RFID Guru Launches RFID Software Startup RFID_Software RFID_Services
The new company, Truecount, will provide software solutions offering functionality designed specifically to meet the needs of the retail industry.