- NFC Enables Helmets to Store and Share Health Data
POC Sports' new cycle and ski helmets will include a built-in Near Field Communication tag and an app to create a record of important health information that users can access via their smartphones in the event of an accident or other health emergency.
- Authentic Feet Manages Nike Stock via RFID
The sports shoe manufacturer ships products with radio frequency identification tags already attached, which has automated 60 percent of the store's inventory management.
- Fashion Retailer Leverages Virtual Shielding to Overcome Stray RFID Reads
Superdry has launched a solution from Nedap that employs the technology company's virtual shielding to prevent spill-over tag reads that had been affecting read accuracy in the retailer's previous solution.
- RFID Brings Gains to Small Apparel Brand
Southern Fried Cotton, which opted to leverage a technology more commonly deployed by big companies, has brought its customer chargeback rate down by 98.8 percent, increased its warehouse efficiency and achieved an ROI within less than a year.
- Retailer Rolls Out RFID Across 1,000 Stores This Year
The Foschini Group has committed to deploying RFID technology across its brands throughout South Africa and beyond, beginning with its Markham menswear brand, in order to bring inventory accuracy above 95 percent.
- Confra Lovers Invests in the Customer Experience
The Brazilian company, which operates as a pop-up store, has been using radio frequency identification to increase sales by providing a better experience to its visitors.
- Adler Modemarkte Rolls Out RFID Robot Across 45 Stores
After several years of piloting the technology to prove it can bring automated inventory visibility to its stores, the fashion retailer is expanding MetraLabs' TORY robotic technology this summer, with plans to equip all 175 shops by 2021.
- Brother International Deploys BLE Solution to Track Garment Ink Agitation
The BlueHound system, developed by Bastian Solutions in partnership with Quuppa, uses BLE beacon technology to identify when ink agitation machines are in operation, thereby ensuring a high-quality ink product for direct-to-garment printing.
- Under Armour to Present at RFID Journal LIVE! Retail 2019
Three teammates from the global footwear and sportswear company will share how its RFID program is helping to elevate its world-class supply chain and retail experience.
- U.K. Home Goods and Apparel Retailer Boosts Accuracy With RFID
Matalan has deployed RFID across all 220 stores to bring its inventory accuracy above 95 percent, helping to ensure that products are available for omnichannel sales.
- Tire and Agricultural Industries Test Embedded RFID Solution
Industrial companies are conducting qualification testing of Primo1D's passive UHF E-Thread technology, with integrated RFID-enabled threads, including electric cables, ropes, bale twine and tires.
- Myer Achieves Near-100 Percent Inventory Accuracy With RFID
Since deploying a solution from Checkpoint Systems, the Australian retail chain has reduced inventory count times, decreased shrinkage, and boosted sales at its stores and online.
- Textile Label Launch Includes Dual NFC-UHF Functionality, Printing Machines
TexTrace has released woven RFID textile labels that remain with a garment, while Jakob Müller is selling machines that service bureaus and label companies can use to make their own sewn-in RFID labels under TexTrace's license.
- Seafolly Brings Intelligence to Swimwear Management
The Australian retailer has completed a pilot to improve inventory management with RFID technology, as well as increasing visibility in the supply chain, using readers and magic mirrors from Solos.
- Sales Up 3 Percent in Voice Norge RFID Pilot
The retailer has deployed an RFID solution from Nedap across its 200 Nordic stores, enabling it to display in-store products to online shoppers, thereby making both online and physical shopping easier and more efficient.