- Smart Cows and How Not to Design IoT Products to Fail
As a growing number of consumers come to rely on the power of the Internet of Things, increasing pressure will mount on product makers to ensure that their products are reliable.
- Learned Lessons from MRP and the Promise of the IoT
The Internet of Things has the promise of surviving and thriving in today's complex and volatile environments when systemic root-causes are considered.
- Using RFID Technology to Prevent Unauthorized Copying of 3D-Printed Objects
The impact of this unique manufacturing technology is likely soon to be felt by industries worldwide.
- Keep the IoT Free (Patent Battles Not Welcome)
In order for the creativity and inventive capacities of the hundreds of thousands of people developing around open-source projects or platforms to be realized, it is vital that patent non-aggression be safeguarded.
- AGV IIoT Monitoring: Lean Six Sigma Monitoring
Manufacturers can now concretize data and make it actionable, predictive and fundamentally useful.
- Growing Regulation of IoT Security
Hopefully, 2018 will mark the start of a new era in Internet of Things security regulation, in which governments, consumers and enterprise customers will begin demanding protection from device manufacturers.
- A Multifaceted Approach to Autonomous Vehicle Cyber Security
Protecting vehicles will require efforts from ECU vendors, supply chain management teams, car manufacturers and security researchers.
- Welcome to the Data-Driven Supply Chain
New IoT data sources are allowing companies to apply tried-and-true methodologies, from the manufacturing world to supply chain management.
- OEMs Need to Adopt IoT Platforms and Move Up the Value Chain
For industrial OEMs seeking to go to market quickly and sustain a competitive market advantage, using a multi-dimensional Internet of Things application development and deployment platform can help to jumpstart and shortcut the product-development cycle.
- Breweries Tapping the IIoT to Produce Your Favorite Brew
With greater visibility into the ins and outs of the supply chain and production processes, breweries will have the intelligence required to compete in today's increasingly unpredictable, consumer-driven marketplace.
- RFID and the Automotive Industry: Competing at a Higher Level
Innovation is taking place in every area of the industry, and one particular aspect of this innovation is radio frequency identification.
- The Differences Between RFID and RTLS
While both help in identifying particular locations, there are various differences between the two technologies.
- FCC Aggressively Cracking Down on RF Equipment Rule Violators
While the specific case involves U-NII devices, the precedent applies to RFID equipment suppliers as well.
- Known Security Vulnerabilities Are a Hacker's Guide to an IoT Breach
The Internet of Things is a powerful trend, but its growth could be hindered by unpatched open-source vulnerabilities.
- IoT in the Supply Chain: Anticipating the Demands of the Future
How are RFID and the Internet of Things bringing the supply chain concept into the future?