- Matrics Touts Smallest RFID Chip
The company's next-generation UHF integrated circuit will be half the size of a grain of sand.
- Label-Making Advance Touted
Blackstone Technology says its reel-to reel process is 10 times faster than conventional machines.
- Smart Sensors Use on the Rise
Manufacturers are designing low-cost smart sensors into everything from washing machines to cars.
- Group to Push Powered RFID Labels
The Smart Active Label Consortium hopes to create awareness of and standards for smart labels with thin-film batteries.
- New Unit for Active Smart Labels
Power Paper plans to design battery-powered labels for specific applications.
- Thin-Film Battery May Energize RFID
Cymbet has unveiled a flexible, thin-film, rechargeable battery that could transform active RFID technology.
- NASA Unveils Spray-On Circuits
The space agency showed how it can spray a thin film of metal on any object to create RF antennas and electronic circuits.
- New Magnetic Tag for Drugs
Flying Null has unveiled a new magnetic tag that could help reduce counterfeiting of pharmaceutical products.
- World's Thinnest Smart Label
Flying Null, a British maker of magnetic tagging technologies, has unveiled an ID label that is just three microns thick.
- How SAP Sees RFID and Agents
Software agents will react automatically to information coming from RFID readers and solve routine problems.