- RFID Reading Robot Automates Decathlon Store's Inventory Management
The company's flagship sporting goods store, located in San Francisco, is leveraging Simbe Robotics' Tally robot to automate inventory counts, locate missing products and enable analytics about products of interest, while RFID readers at the door help to prevent loss.
- HID Global Fights Counterfeiting via the Internet of Things
Brazil loses US$34.2 billion annually due to counterfeit products, according to the National Forum Against Piracy and Illegality.
- Rafik Jeans Tests RFID to Track 50,000 Items
The Brazilian company controls the production of goods in São Paulo and Minas Gerais, as well as sales in 19 other cities, including Bahia and Goiás.
- McDonald's Accepts RFID Payments in Brazil
The restaurant chain's customers can now pay for their meals at drive-thru windows without having to take out a wallet.
- Smartrac Brings Experience Center to California
The new center and office are focused on enabling customers and partners to experiment with RFID solutions specific to their use cases, as technology use expands in retail, brand authentication and other sectors.
- NFC Caps Enable Tracking, Engagement, Authentication of High-Value Products
Closure Systems International and Talkin' Things have partnered to develop the Talkin' Cap, which CSI is selling as an NFC-enabled enclosure for its customers, including pharmaceutical companies and those making high-value consumer products.
- Chinese Packaging Company Brings Low-Cost RFID to United States, Europe
Baoshen Group is opening offices in both regions, and is offering two new RFID products: a hybrid RFID-EAS tag and a printed NFC tag for authentication and consumer engagement that will be released early next year.
- Avery Dennison Provides RFID System for Food Management
The technology company is offering its Freshmarx intelligent food industry solution, to include RFID deployments with categories aimed at improving food traceability and inventory management, as well as enabling food vending machines and unmanned stores.
- Stora Enso Launches Sustainable RFID Solution
The renewable materials company has introduced its ECO RFID sustainable tag technology, along with software and services, to create a complete solution for retailers and industrial manufacturers.
- Single Solution Counts Inventory, Tracks Movement, Thwarts Theft
U.K technology company PervasID says its Multi Ranger is designed to accomplish all three functions with a single overhead reader in a store measuring 200 square meters or less, with antennas in the back room and storage area, and at the exit.
- RFID Steps Up Display Accuracy in Shoe Department
A European retailer has deployed an RFID-based inventory-management system from TAG Co. that links a tagged display shoe to its box in the back room, and can also detect if a style or color of shoe is missing from the display.
- Project Zipper Finds Order Accuracy Jumps to Nearly 100 Percent With RFID
GS1 US and the Auburn University RFID Lab have released a white paper describing a 12-month pilot involving eight brands and five retailers, which found RFID technology, when used in the supply chain from the point of source through two distribution centers and to the store level, nearly eliminated shipping errors.
- Japanese Retailers Trial UHF E-ink Paper Label
The new RFID-enabled label with e-ink paper, developed by E Ink Corp. and Fujitsu Semiconductor, is intended to boost logistics efficiency in Japan's convenience store market.
- Timing Is Right for Watchmaker's Blockchain, NFC Solution
Favre-Leuba is bringing NFC-based data about each of its watches to blockchain-based software, thanks to a solution from cybersecurity technology company WiseKey that tracks inventory and provides brand authentication and a personalized record of each purchased watch for consumers.
- Partnership to Offer Smart Vending Machines for RFID Access, Payments
Connect&GO has invested in 25 percent of Montreal start-up Brite4 to develop and market smart vending machines for self-serve festival, concert or resort access, using Brite4's machine and reader portal designs with Connect&GO software and integration.