- Timing Is Right for Watchmaker's Blockchain, NFC
Favre-Leuba is bringing NFC-based data about each of its watches to blockchain-based software, thanks to a solution from cybersecurity technology company WiseKey that tracks inventory and provides brand authentication and a personalized record of each purchased watch for consumers.
- Partnership to Offer Smart Vending Machines for RFID Access, Payments
Connect&GO has invested in 25 percent of Montreal start-up Brite4 to develop and market smart vending machines for self-serve festival, concert or resort access, using Brite4's machine and reader portal designs with Connect&GO software and integration.
- Jika Jika!, Other U.K. Festivals See Boost in Spending With NFC
This summer's music festival in Northern Ireland experienced a 23 percent increase in sales per person, thanks to an NFC-enabled cashless payment system from Event Genius.
- Adidas, Stadium AB Among Leading Retailers to Present Case Studies at RFID Journal LIVE! Europe 2018
The event, to be held in London on 7 Nov., will highlight leading companies' radio frequency identification deployments in the region, as well as demonstrate the latest technology solutions.
- Barcoding Inc. Aims for RFID Growth With Acquisition of Danforth Systems
The purchase of the Houston technology company provides Barcoding with access to Texas-based customers, particularly in oil and gas.
- Chinese Startup Develops Anti-counterfeiting RFID Chip
Sichuan Ident Industrial's new anti-counterfeiting verification system is designed to improve traceability security.
- Fast-Track RFID Certification Training to Be Featured at RFID Journal LIVE! Europe 2018
RFID4U will offer intensive, one-day RFID certification training at RFID Journal's 14th annual European conference, to be held in London on Nov. 7 (with a day of training on Nov. 6).
- Smartrac Releases New Inlays, Including Retail's Smallest
The company's new MiniWeb and DogBone inlays, made with NXP's UCODE 8 ICs, will bring improved performance, faster encoding and higher sensitivity than predecessor UHF inlays, for use in retail and industrial applications.
- RFID Helps Resort Digitize and Manage Its Wine Collection
The Tokyo Baycourt Club is tracking thousands of bottles of wine, served in multiple restaurants and guest services, via a UHF RFID system from SATO Material Co.
- Wedding Retailer Commits to RFID
WED2B has boosted sales by 20 percent with higher inventory accuracy at its stores, thanks to an RFID-based system from Retail Asset Solutions that ensures wedding gowns and other garments and accessories are on hand for shoppers.
- NXP, Other Companies Preparing for Influx of RFID Baggage Technology Requests
The International Air Transport Association has recommended that all airline passenger bags be tagged with RFID by 2020; RFID companies expect the technology's resulting growth to reflect the retail industry's adoption.
- NFC, Biometrics Bring Security to Crypto Payment Card
Cryptocurrency startup Unikeys is employing Near Field Communication and biometric technology in its payment card, so that users can safely make payments with tokens from services such as Bitcoin without exposing passwords or other data to the Internet.
- RFID Brews Up Valuable Beer Data for Restaurant
Oak & Stone estimates that 25 percent of its sales go to beer—as opposed to a common average of about 3 percent of sales—and now has RFID-based data indicating what demographics prefer which brands and beverage types, as well as when, all with a self-serve beer wall.
- Registration Now Open for RFID in Retail and Apparel 2018
RFID Journal's fourth annual event focused on the retail sector will explore the benefits that retailers and brand owners can achieve by using RFID and related technologies.
- Registration Now Open for RFID Journal's 14th Annual European Event
RFID Journal LIVE! Europe, to be held on Nov. 7 in London (with a day of certification training on Nov. 6), will focus on the benefits of employing RFID to improve business operations across Europe.